Did you keep any of your old JW paraphernalia?

by i_drank_the_wine 24 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

When I started my fade I resolved in my mind to not waste money on another suit. My suits are 2 years old, i'm so out of style at the KH right now, no wonder why i'm getting dirty looks...LOL

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well I don't miss buying suits, only to put it back on the rack because it may not be conservative enough

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Good, I'm noticing I have a lot of extra spending money now.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I have my Bible that was my fatherĀ“s....And his WT he studied the week he died. That is all. That is all I need. Still have my suits. I look too good in them. Since I am attending a non denom church now I wear them sometimes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have kept a Concordance, a NWT bible, and my set of "Studies in the Scriptures", vol 7 especially is always good for a laugh, and some of their old books contempory with when I was a kid growing up in the cult, this is so I can show my JW family that I did not leave the religion ,it left me.

If I ever get the chance that is.

Its teachings, and I feel its very nature as a religion, has changed so much over the decades.

Mind you, it always was a high-control, mind-controlling cult, just not so overt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit