Did you keep any of your old JW paraphernalia?

by i_drank_the_wine 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

I kept a few things. I still have my meeting clothes because they are useful for job interviews. Most of the literature I got rid of, but I kept the leather-bound NWT as well as the Reference Bible. I kept the Insight volumes, the Comprehensive Concordance, and my last Watchtower Library CD as well because I think they will be useful for research and study. I may still have a few of the books, but most everything else I threw out. I had to keep my bookbags. I got them from Lands' End and they are of too good quality to trash. Besides, they both have my name stitched on them, so they are more personal items than anything else and are still useful for hauling documents, calculators, books, and my NOOK e-Reader from place to place.

Quendi

• exwhyzee
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have everything I ever had, plus much more I have collected since.

I will only dispose of it once I have my family out.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I kept a few key books, but my meeting bag etc i left behind when i left the wife at the dame time i left the jw's.

I have collected the insight vols and old revelation book etc from family for research purposes. Like many of us, i would collect any old literature that can be used against them.

I have a closet full of ties and suits that i have not worn for 13 years. mainly i just forget i have them stuffed away. I put my old fave suit on and looked like a right twat!

oz

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Everything went

books & mags to the recyclers

clothes to the rubbish bin except 1 suite I sold in a garage sale (yard sale)

meeting bag set alight in a nice little fire

now I have some of their sht on pdf files well that's it, oh yeah I found a couple of mags the other day that I dragged out of the doctors rooms a couple of months back, just sent them to the recyclers

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only thing I have left are some pictures of the a$$embly hell--to remind me of just how dreary the religion actually is.

I got rid of most of my suits, since they were in poor or bad condition or made me look like a complete dork. The service bag is gone. The rags and littera-trash is gone. The call book, which I wasted 15 toilet papers for in 198x (too bad, Brother Hounder, I will not reveal the exact year), is gone. In fact, much of the crap the witlesses dumped on me when I moved in 199x (again, Brother Hounder, you will have to guess the year) saw the inside of a dumpster while I got much better replacements in 2009 and 2010. (And will hold up through the coming hyperinflationary depression, unlike the crap it replaces).

• d
    d

I have still bibles and old bound volumes that go far back as 1961 but at the same time I thrown out so much.Especially a lot of watchtowers and awakes but I still a lot old bibles.I have to get rid of.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Nope. I kept my personalized Bble for awhile with my baptism date in it, but I threw it out to have a clean break. I don't want my children to stumble across that crap.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

What about CD-ROM, I would imagine everyone would keep that for reference

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

clothing wise, all the suits I owned when I was knocking on doors are all at good will. It's been close to ten years so the style was old. I still have my library. I may not ditch it until we move. I found my old book bag recently and I tossed it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit