They Stole another piece of my childhood... now im SURE i'm not getting a panda ;-(

by elderelite 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

"And her poor greiving family couldn't even look back, or they'd face being turned into who-know's what kind of spice!"

~ Brad Neely

• clarity
    clarity

sd-, now stop that! ............

I'm starting to like it

>

Elder ....sorry about the bear ....ain't gonna happen!

My theory about Lots wife .......PREMEDITATION.

Absolutley, there was a natural phenomena to befall Sodom around the same time as Lot and kids (read that as 2 fresh nubial cuties) were making a run for it ...the hell out of there.

Lot had lost his wife somewhere (read as killed) and upon hearing of the great news about the "fire", started telling everyone - "so sad lost my wife in that disaster" .

Lot and the kids lived happily ever after!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

How come the Bible stories book didn't talk about the next scene where Lots daughters got him drunk and raped him?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Clarity, i had the exact same thought!! Lot killed her or had her killed and blamed it on the disaster...

• sd-7
    sd-7

"In light of the foregoing, it might seem reasonable to conclude that Lot evidently arranged for his wife's death, after which he became drunk and knowingly committed fornication and incest with his two daughters. But is this the case? The Bible says no. Lot was a righteous man who was no doubt taken advantage of by his daughters, who evidently became morally corrupted by their association with the men of Sodom. This, of course, was no doubt a result of their lack of faith in Jehovah's ability to provide them with suitable mates. Their immoral conduct resulted in the creation of two idolatrous nations known for their immoral women and false worship--Moab and Ammon. How tragic! May Christian women who desire to marry learn a valuable lesson from Lot's daughters: failing to adhere loyally to Jehovah's requirements regarding marriage will lead to disaster. Rather than rushing ahead, wise Christians do well to obey the command to 'marry only in the Lord'."

--sd-7

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I recall several film depictions from the 1950s-1960s. There is no drama if Lot's wife is miles away. All the films show them within a few yards of the city walls.

• elderelite
    elderelite

LOL OHG Sd!!!! you are like ventriloquist with a pen!!! you sound soooo much like a WT

• still thinking
    still thinking

That was scary sd7!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit