Where could i find information?

by The JHWH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

I would like to ask does anybody know where i could get an official statement regarding what JW's are allowed/not allowed to do?

This matter isn't something there has been a specifically written article on, and I would consider it as being in the 'grey zone'.

From where could i get an the Watchtower's official opinion on matters like this?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can call WT on the phone and ask them. They'll answer you.

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

Do i need to call the NY department @ USA, or do they have a place within smaller countries where they give official statements?

• Ding
    Ding

As far as I know, there is no master list of do's and don'ts.

Much is simply part of the JW psyche due to constant repetition.

If you are interested in a particular subject area, ask here.

Someone will know the answer.

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

My question is about cosplay. I have a feeling that it is not allowed, but i would like someone high-ranked within the corporation to confirm this.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I'm sure Cosplay is fine so long as its Bible characters. Phineas would be a good character for you to consider. He was Biblicle equivalent of OJ.

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

Well, this case involves everything but bible characters. A local CO did kind of agree with me on this, that this isn't something one should be doing.

However, i do need an official confirmation on this before i can move on.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why would cosplay not be allowed?

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

There has been a topic about this.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/212906/1/Cosplay

Something to do with 'not being a part o the world'. Also there has been at least 2 articles that kind of touch this matter.

Based on that information, + a conversation with a CO i find it hard to believe that this is something they were allowed to do.

Especially the atmosphere at those cosplay-events is often quite eh.. "wordly".

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just have one question: Are you really a witness?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit