Apostates Shut the door of everlasting life in Men's Faces

by mankkeli 46 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

He obviously does NOT believe the words of Jesus:

1 "Nobody comes to the Son unless the Father Draws him," and:

2: "Not one of these will be snatched out of my hand."

But then how many JWs actually listen to the words of Christ?

HB

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

this guy is a troll, why are you feeding it? he was talking to the anointed yesterday, now an elder that would chop off everyones heads here? ...

• flipper
    flipper

MANNKELI- I feel we are opening the way for ex-Witnesses to really ENJOY the real life with freedom of mind after they exit the Witnesses. Offering people freedom of thinking with perhaps 40 - 50 years to live is better than offering a lie to them that they'll " live forever " in a fictitious Paradise which will never happen. At least " Apostates " are telling the REAL truth

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Winners, not losers, get to write history. How many A. dates have you encountered? How many important things have been postponed b/c the end is near? I am sixty as of this past week. When my parents married after WWII, the KH shunned them b/c the end was near. Maybe we should all hold our breath since the end is near. We use the term "apsotate" as a mark of honor but truly, history will term them "sect,""cult," "apostate," and "heretical."

The idea that any group of men, especially men with no women represented equally, can tell me what to belief makes me ill. I feel like grabbing a weapon and charging Brooklyn while anyone is still there. Maybe set fire to their vinyl flowers next to Brooklyn Heights and then browse the Promenade. Yet before my education and exposure to a wider world, it made perfect sense to me b/c my parents told me so and my parents could kill me -- and almost did. Denial is more than a river in Egypt. NNote "shut the door of everlasting life in Men's faces." What about women and children? We are superluous to the Witnesses.

JW women make up most of the members. I read a book published to commerate the 200th anniversary of the Episcopal Church - as opposed to Church of England in America. It was NY focused. Churches ran vast charitable works by women serving as volunteers. They were rarely on boards. Hardly any recognition was given. Priests sat in glory. Generations changed and voila-women had to work in the workforce and the church realized how valuable the women were. Most programs were forced to shut. Jesus was subsidized - a kept man maybe --by Mary of Magdalene, a rich merchant's daughter. He supports women and childen over and over again. I can't expect He would want a three year old to sit in rapt attention through the Beatitudes and when attention fails, beat the kid.

In order to be in a cult, you must overlegitimize your superiors. My aunt accidently came across a National Geographic proving creation as not feasible. She became quite ill. Her entire body was shaking. My uncle remonstrated that she had no business glancing at a worldly mag and to ignore it. Only she was shaking so hard, something was going on in her mind. She was so isolated she believed all lit was in accord with Witness views.

Living well is the best revenge. Both Menachim Begin and Anwar Sadat were notorious terrorists, as was Nelson Mandela. The same as Al-Qaeda. Time and a fortunate politcal process makes you a world leader and a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. Paul bragged of the folly of Christ. I brag of the apostates of Christ who worship Jesus, not Jehovists.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Wondered that too cptkirk. Think three of his threads start with: "So I was talking to an elder about ________ and he said this..."

• moshe
    moshe

The , "eternal life on paradise earth", is a unique WT dogma- so if you like the idea of playing with lions and tigers and bears and wearing 1980's style clothes for all eternity (and cheating death), then you have to be a JW to enjoy that hope. Which is all it is, just a human hope. If you want to go to heaven, then people will pick another religion, as there is very little gusto in the KH for folks who believe in that stuff.- Pra-aise Jesus, as they say.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

Heeeyyy! I ain't no heterogenous. I'm GAY!
    LOL! i almost wanted to add that. "we are as heterogenous as it gets, even though some of us are gay." but i wasn't sure about political correctness ;)
  • shamus100
    shamus100

So the scribes and pharisees were apostates? Hmm... I always thought they were just scribes and pharisees.

• agonus
    agonus

IIRC, the scribes and Pharisees were pretty suspicious of "apostates" as well, particularly that one Jewish carpenter whose name eludes me at the moment...

How can "apostates" shut the door to everlasting life when only God has the power to open or close it in the first place?

Where we spend eternity is not our call to make. Only the Almighty can give that gift, and only the Almighty can take it away.

Religions can f--- you up pretty bad in THIS life, however...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My question is, do you feel that your activities here are synonymous to shutting the door of everlasting life on innocent people?. I just want to know if your motives are pure for what you are doing and if your experience as an ex-JW justify your presence here. Just curious.

You have a big preoccupation with "us apostates". I understand. For a long time, I could not figure out why "apostates" seemed so nice and reasonable.

It never occurred to me that many/most are nice. And reasonable.

Your question presents a false premise. It assumes that the door for everlasting life is held open by Jehovah's Witnesses in the first place. That door is not anywhere near the same universe as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Forgive me for a small exaggeration, but when you ask about pure motives, and you see so many eye witness accounts where the "purity" of Jehovah's Witnesses has been proven to be a myth, I have to ask you the same questions.

Why do you feel that as a Jehovahs Witness, your activities open the door to everlasting life? How do we know your motives are pure for what you are doing and if your experience as a JW justifies your presence here?

Just curious? (For the record, I am not trying to be a jerk, I just want you to think about what you asked me, and many here... Thank you for your kind consideration)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit