SEX! and the DC Sunday Drama

by Red Piller 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Hello,

The Sunday drama at the DC was a parallel ancient (Joseph in Egypt) and modern (JW kid in high school) drama. Was it me? Or was it extremely eroticized? I've been seeing these my whole life and have never felt this way.

Conversation between Joseph and fellow prison inmate:

I: "So you're the one who raped Potiphar's wife?"

J:"I did not rape her"

I: "I'm sorry, you're the one accused of raping Potiphar's wife. Next time you rape someone make sure you [hide it]"

J: "[I told you], I did not rape her"

And it went on. I wish I counted how many times the word rape was used.

Conversation between 2 highschoolers: one a witness - the other I can't remember:

O:"She posted on the internet [they don't dare say Facebook] that she had sex with you"

J: "What! I did not have sex with her!"

O:"Well, that's what she wrote on her internet page - that she was having sex with you"

Later on conversation with JW kid and elders:

E:"She posted on her page that she was havign sex with you"

And it also went on and on. How many times can you say "have sex" in one conversation? Try.

Oh, and did I mention? "Uncle JACK OFFered to give us a ride." No, I didn't make that up.

Joseph was shirtless after Potiphar's wife ripped it off of him. Speaking as a guy, he was in good shape. The brothers picked to be shirtless Eqyptian guards obviously spent a lot of time in the weight room. The had some straps criss-crossed along their bare chests.

The sister picked to be Potiphar's wife had a spectacular figure that was complemented by ample breasts.

Did anyone else feel this way, while watching??

• mummatron
    mummatron

I haven't been to a DC in 12 years, but there's been a few threads on here about the drama this year.

It's interesting that you feel it was erotisised. My 17 year old, blonde-haired, curvy, petite female JW cousin was picked to be in it (not sure as which character). Now that seems a bit disturbing....

• White Dove
    White Dove

They're doing that story, again?

It's always about those wayward Israelites or people who went before them.

Has anyone ever seen a drama about Jesus?

I never have in almost 40 years.

The dramas always have to be about serious sinners and how they suffered the consequences.

It's never about peace.

It's always about getting busted and in trouble for something.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Those darn "worldly" people are just always claiming to be doing that sex thing! ....and they say its with any witness that happens to be nearby!

• Perry
    Perry
    Joseph was shirtless after Potiphar's wife ripped it off of him. Speaking as a guy, he was in good shape. The brothers picked to be shirtless Eqyptian guards obviously spent a lot of time in the weight room. The had some straps criss-crossed along their bare chests. The sister picked to be Potiphar's wife had a spectacular figure that was complemented by ample breasts.

Modest Christians do not dress like that. Too distracting and disrespectful to others. Drama or no drama.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hey, sex sells! I give them kudos for the good casting call.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

They're comparing rape to sex?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Sounds like a great drama, sorry I missed it.

Maybe it will be on Netflix someday

• man oh man
    man oh man

What I liked about the drama: All that bling bling of the costumes and that Potiphar's wife......wow what a good looker!

What i disliked: All that sex talk. I was thinking of all the young children in the audience. Sex should be discussed at home with parents not at the meeting. Just my opinion.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I guess it's dawning on them that sex sells! One way to boost sagging DC attendance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit