QUOTATIONS ABOUT RELIGION......FOR AND AGAINST...WELCOME YOUR THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS

by Pams girl 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Nice one Amelia

• dgp
    dgp

"When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning they may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?" The Watchtower, January 15, 1974; page 35.

Men think epilepsy is divine merely because they don't understand it, but if they called everything divine which they do not understand, why, there would be no end of divine things. Hippocrates.

"Religion is a snare and a racket". J. F. Rutherford.

To rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world, is just as base as to use force. Hypatia of Alexandria.

Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours. Charles Taze Russell

• still thinking
    still thinking

There is just something that appeals to me about Gandhi.......

I reject any religious doctrine that does not appeal to reason and is in conflict with morality.
    Mohandas Gandhi

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
    Mohandas Gandhi

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves.
    Mohandas Gandhi

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
    Mohandas Gandhi

• tec
    tec

I love Ghandi quotes.

Today, I especially like this one, Still:

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.

Peace,

Tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

tec...He was a very interesting man...glad you liked that

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

dgp, that quote by Rutherford is a classic isnt it? And he should know! Thanks for your contribution.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

still thinking, wonderful quotes there, he was indeed a very wise man

"Be the change you want to see in the world".....we can all make a difference however small. Thanks for your contribution. x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit