Stating the OBVIOUS with such a sense of "discovery"! False prophecy

by Terry 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Each generation of new Witnesses sees the Watchtower Society as being relevant and the only hope at the last moment... but it has always been that way. The goalposts keep moving.... into the future... they are charlatans and will never stop.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    The best he could produce was an invisible Jesus.

What a great line. It really cuts through all the bullshit.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The core doctrine of the WTS. is the marketing or proliferation of their literature, without restrictions.

To use Harold Camping as an example, what happened to him for his self proposed procalamations......nothing,

his books sold more, more money was donated to his ministry. He wasn't arrested for being a public fraud....nothing

If this was your personal endeavor, why wouldn't you self proclaim yourself as god's sole channel of communication to all mankind,

guided no other than god's holy spirit...... bla bla bla ?

Its easy to proclaim that we are living in the " End Times " for as long as humanity has existed those exact occurrences have appeared

continuously since those words were written down.

• poppers
    poppers

The supposed invisible return of Jesus is what I can't wrap my mind around. How in God's name can they state such a thing and expect people to believe it? I'll never understand how anyone can accept such an idea to begin with, but obviously there are people who do.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Stop and think! How can you be wrong every month for 132 years and claim JEHOVAH SPEAKS THROUGH YOU??

If you ask a JW that question they will tell you that they were never wrong and call you a vicious liar. They use yet another fallacy to effectively stiffle people in the congregation rising up with questions such as the one quoted above. Once armageddon happens of which they have unyielding faith in they will be vindicated.

My house burned down 12 years ago when I was 15 in a fire that was started by a chain dragging below a truck bed on the asphalt road causing a spark. We lost everything. I remember that some neighbors refused to evacuate. This elderly couple put lawn chairs on their roofs and had their garden hoses ready. The fire was so hot there was some piles of melted metal when we returned to our property after. The elderly couple was unharmed as was their house. In their minds they might have considered themselves heroes, but I called them fools. It was a VERY windy day and the fire cherry picked houses to utterly destroy. A single lot with two houses fifty feet apart would have one house obliterated and the other untouched. These elderly people were simply fortunate, but on paper they look almost god like fighting off the fire that claimed so many houses around them.

Some people will go down with the ship I guess and they won't admit their ship is sinking even when their lungs are full of water. They'll die in peace.

-Sab

• Terry
    Terry

Once armageddon happens of which they have unyielding faith in they will be vindicated.

Yes. Sort of like UFO's, Bigfoot, Loch Ness monster and Elvis-is-alive believers!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Once Armageddon happens of which they have unyielding faith in they will be vindicated.

And what creates this unyielding faith.... instilled fear induced phobias, via constant and high pressured indoctrination.

Kingdom Hall = Brainwashing Hall

• Terry
    Terry

Channel surfing on TV....evangelists with dour faces staring into the camera...offering their latest pamphlet..."End Times are definitely here."

Same old same old.

Peter Popoff is hawking miracle holy water that, he claims, causes god to pay your bills for you. You can't make this stuff up!

It doesn't seem to matter what you tell people. Enough of them will go for it. Sigh.

I was one of them.

JW no mre.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good point. JWs carry on about WW1 as if it is proof they were right. In actual fact it was proof they were wrong.

• designs
    designs

What! we aren't in Paradise oh damn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit