Depressing

by mankkeli 23 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/186349/1/I-dont-want-to-die

One of the great threads here at JWN, IMO. It certainly helped me, anyway.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

At first I found it depressing to realize that there was no panda-petting paradise soon to come. My grandparents that were part of the "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" are all dead now. That was the really depressing part. We'd been mislead and abused by a cult that just keep holding out "hope" and empty promises. But I'm not dead yet!

Now that it's only been over a week that I've been moved and not attending meetings, I'm not depressed. In spite of all the gloom and doom in Watchtowerland and in the news, I'm doing fine. I'm more optimistic about the future than ever. I've stopped putting my life on hold, and am actually living.

• TheyCantDoATing Man
    TheyCantDoATing Man

Wow. Thanks everyone, Wasblind started the ball rolling with the love life theme and others have expanded. That is the way to think!

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Knowing that there is nothing after I'm dead and gone is pretty fuckin depressing to me personally. After being raised to think that there's something else out there, then becoming an adult, learning and knowing better was a fairly jarring, unhappy mental transition for me. However, it is far less depressing than the thought of all those zombie JW's that are gonna get the same 70-80 as me but will be wasting it pissing into the wind for an imaginary invisible man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit