anyone else ever think this was strange?

by cptkirk 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I can't remember what poster said it, and how he worded it exactly, but he found it curious that a religion founded in Israel would find its true fulfillment in the United States and that the leaders of this religion chosen by God would be led by men of European descent, not to mention one token chocolate face. Dang, I wish I could recall who posted it, but he put it so eloquently. I mean, Revelation speaks in illustrations, and mentions the majority of the tribes of Israel, and much of it focused on the current events of the middle east and Rome at that time and yet the WT doesn't believe any of the events happening over in the middle east have anything to do with prophecy. Not to pull a race card, but you know how you crackers jack everything. You stole rock n roll, you stole jazz, and now dagnabbit, you stole Christianity!!!! Tongue in cheek people.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

yea it just further delineates the mis-application of the scriptures. someone on the board said the other day trying to apply what happened 2k years ago in palestine to current events now is ridiculous. this is just a further delineation of that.

that thing about g.bush and the little girl, yea i have no idea how she would of gotten close to him...an elder told me that. is that something that other people had heard? or just a local bologna story maybe.

and yes the gb are the chicken $hit club. i want to tell everyone a story about what happened with them, but i dont want to give my identity away by doing it.

yea it sounds grandiose doesn't it? the gb came after me personally? like either im just narcissitic, or crazy, or yea...trust me, when i saw what they did...i didn't jump to say omg look what they did...i waited for other people to come up to me and say damn man thats crazy. and they did.

that is what truly fortified me on these guys being an absolute joke. i'm a bit broad with my strokes at times because i dont understand the entire inner workings of this religion. but what they did was conveyed in the public watchtower...and i'm guessing atleast one of them writes it, and the body reads it before it goes out. i've learned a lot recently, not only from these boards but from a member of the cong. he is the one that told me just how involved the gb are in things i didnt realize they would be. maybe i'm naive , but he told me all elder selections are decided by the gb, i had no idea that was true. but the boe apparently gives their recommendation, pass it to the gb, they dance around in circles, then vote or something on the elder.

• designs
    designs

cpt-

Remember when the Evagelicals were touting the Russian Calvary to ride into the valley of Megiddo during the 1st Gulf War. Rather than a Pox on these Religions just take away their Tax Free status...

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

honestly, i know this will sound controversial among many here, but i actually want them to exist. i think it must be some sick libertarian strain i have in my dna. but these die hard jw's really need that religion, without it, most of them would be a menace to society, i truly believe that. they are some of the most jealous human beings i've ever met ever, for one thing. and that is across the board.

• glenster
  • blondie
    blondie

***w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17" Keep on the Watch"***

Fifth, we see a global preaching work being accomplished, which Jesus said would take place just before the end of this system. Jesus stated: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale. True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

------------------

In the past the WTS danced around the idea of how the "preaching" would be done in China (1965) and other unrreachable areas. But in 2000 the WTS was very direct. The next year I left. I could not accept that God would destroy people just because they lived in the wrong part of the earth at the wrong time.

Six Convincing Lines of Evidence
  • poppers
    poppers

If they want some real persecution they should go d2d in the Middle East.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Sizemik. 50% not covered eh........sounds a lot when you look at it like that eh?!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Love them to show me the passage in the bible that says "to Jehovah's satisfaction"...

oz

• glenster
    glenster

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a
    witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (Matt.24:14)

Which interpretation, exclusivist to universalist? Fair game by any by God's
    prerogative. No stance pleases everyone--if he leaves someone out, someone
    calls it cruel, if he loves everything, or is obligated to have to love any
    lesser being, someone points out he'd have to be an airhead.

By one interpretation, the last phrase of Matt.24:14 could refer to any time
    since the first part was fulfilled as a generalization regarding the world as
    they knew it and were concerned about before 70 AD:

"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath
    believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of
    God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the
    earth, and their words unto the ends of the world." (Rom.10:16-18)

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the
    preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was
    kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the
    scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God,
    made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:" (Rom.16:25-26)

"If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from
    the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every
    creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;" (Col.1:23)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit