Another 1975 coming soon

by fade_away 27 Replies latest jw friends

• fade_away
    fade_away

I heard some analysts on the news recently saying that at the rate the US is falling and China rising, it is expected that China will be the super power within the next 30 or 40 years. If that happens then I guess there will be another mass exodus of JWs from the WT despite what new light they come up with. But if the witlesses are right then that means God must intervene and the Great Tribulation and Armageddon is coming in less than 30 or 40 years. That is only if the JWs and the analysts are both right. Question of wether or not the JWs are right has been answered for a lot of people, but I guess this will be a final nail on the coffin. Well, maybe not the final one. Followers will rise again in time and the whole thing starts all over, but I'm eager to see what happens within my lifetime. If China becomes a super power, I'll just chuckle and move on. If I see the Great Tribulation unfold instead, I guess I'll just pull out a chair, crack open a beer and wait on Jehovah...to supposedly kill me.

Ever wonder how you'll react if things play out exactly as the JWs predict?

• Glander
    Glander

Yeah, it's a hell of a world, isn't it? Always has been and always will be. History records upheavals of unimaginable magnitude. So here we are.

I must say I think your fatalistic acceptance of the JW apocalyptic view is not a healthy outlook. Because their teachings are pure bullshit and are nothing new in human history.

Don't listen to chicken little. It wastes your life with a negative mindset. Life is good. Bring it on.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

r

WHEN have things EVER played out the way the JWs have predicted????

Let's see...

"Armageddon" hasn't come in the many, many years in which they've predicted - er, "were inspired to suggest" that it was going to occur...

There hasn't been a "Great Tribulation"... Far from turning on the religions of the world, many governments are actually EMBRACING religion to a much greater extent than they have in the past - the United States of America, the Muslim countries, some South American countries, many countries in Africa, and so on...

Though their [the Gov.Bod boys...] imperfect understanding of seismology limits their ability to understand, earthquakes are NOT occurring with more frequency nor intensity than they have in the past...

"This good news of the Watchtower Society" HASN'T been preached "in ALL the earth" - and the Jehovah's Witnesses as a group are actually falling far, far behind...

Yeah, they're about as likely to be right as the bible was when it stated that the earth was flat, that the sun and moon were created AFTER "light" came to be, and that the sun, moon AND ALL OF THE STARS were created AFTER the earth.... Yeah, that whole "Milky Way" Galaxie showed up after the earth appeared... Riiiiiiiiight...

Personally, I'm not the LEAST bit worried that they could EVER be right about ANYTHING!!!

Zid

• fade_away
    fade_away

haha, I know I know. I was wondering in a hypothetical situation. Step into a dimension where things play out as they say. I know it's impossible for some people here to imagine and the thought of it can cause a headache because the concept doesn't compute. I've asked this question before but people usually say "you lost me at the 'playing out as they say' part".

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

In 30 or 40 years they will only have a whitewashed knowledge of what is taught now.

Cheers

Chris

• sizemik
    sizemik

30-40 years from now as much as 60% of current JW's will be dead . . . along with the entire GB plus a few more versions of it.

The world will have changed . . . and so will they. But just what it all will look like . . . I don't know and don't mind not knowing . . . I'm out of the prediction business. Anyway, by then . . . I'll be dead too.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmm.... Okay, but it gets even more scary than their "Armageddon" scenario...

First of all, many others have posted on what the ACTUAL psychological damages will be, to Jehovah's Witness survivors who have to clean up all of the bodies...

Burying dead baby after dead baby after dead baby - from the local hospitals' maternity wards... Becoming inured to the sight of death itself cheapens life. Although the Watchtower boys envision a "perfect paradise earth", the actual reality would be - well, we're talking about fantasy here, but the reality is, there would be an increase in violence among the Jehovah's Witnesses after "Armageddon". Especially amongst the young Jehovah's Witnesses who would have seen little else in their young lives besides masses of dead bodies...

The standard of living would drop down to a 'Stone Age' level - or something thereabouts... Think of something even worse than "Mad Max", and one will begin to see the idiocy of a "perfect paradise" without the assistance of ANY modern conveniences - no electricity, as the generators run out of coal, the nuclear reactors overheat and melt down - or are "destroyed at Armageddon" - but no word on whether the leaking radiation would be taken care of... If not, then that "perfect paradise" would include a lot of nuclear fallout, increased risk of cancer, and so on...

Without electricity, near-total darkness at night, no gasoline [the refineries run on electricity...], no water purification systems, no sewage processing, no real food production, and with the diets that many Jehovah's Witnesses have become accustomed to, they'll starve without their McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks, and so on...

And then there would be the "theocratic" arrangement... Under the burden of the above-mentioned problems, and with the system modeled by Bethel - "If there's an easy way to do it, we'll find the hardest way possible...", the "theocratic"arrangement would quickly devolve into another "Spanish Inquisition" - or worse...

Probably "Jehovah" would revert back to 'his' Old Testament personality... And that would be a BAD THING...

NOT a pretty picture...

Zid

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Sizemik, when you posted the stats, I read it and smiled inside, jumped up and down, and gleefully shouted "its right around the corner...so close!"....just like the JW do when an earthquake hits.....

I am a BAD person, and Im going to sit on the naughty step.

• ziddina
    ziddina

LOL @ Pam's girl!!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Great post there ZID, well said and very good observations!

All the dead bodies...urgg...makes me shudder that I swallowed that crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit