Article-"News analysis: Inside the Brooklyn Bridge Park deal" - “The Jehovah’s Witnesses have been the immense beneficiaries”

by AndersonsInfo 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Comically, say the GB felt bad,,wanted to compensate, give a bonus, to the brothers for all their sacrifices (too many to list) and sorry the end didn't come after all and after all the GB are so very good. What if they said let's divvy up that grand $1Billion to the brothers. Even if the former brothers would come back, but, of course, they would have to apologize to the elders that they left, we could include them to be given a bonus. With over 7M pubs and probably more 'formers',say 8M (tho an understatement I think). Divide $1Billion by 15M, we'd all get only $66.666 each. Ironic.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

And all those Bethelites will be kicked to the curb to fend for themselves. Do you think the WT will hand them some cash to help them on their way? Unlikely. Of course, we all know what the Nazi's did when their slave labor was of no more use to them...

• factfinder
    factfinder

I hope the $66.00 check comes soon.

• agonus
    agonus

Nah, just divvy up the $1 billion amongst the main source of growth, the few thousand preteens that got dunked this year, and put it into a college fund for each of them. That should be at least enough for each of them to get an Ivy League education, right? Who knows, maybe one could become a Rhodes Scholar candidate and potentially the next Fred Franz.

• agonus
    agonus

By the way, the thread title is a bit misleading. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society are the immense beneficiaries. Jehovah's Witnesses are the ones who lose out the most. As always.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I just had to post on the feedback section of http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/34/32/dtg_bridgeparkdealmain_2011_08_12_bk.html

You'll recognize me easily enough.

• Terry
    Terry

I read through the FEEDBACK section and had to stop halfway through.

Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. has been on the move to get out of Brooklyn for some time, they have also been aware of the value of their real estate holdings in that area.

From a local governments perspective taking down those WTS buildings and putting up residential ones has the advantage that those properties can now

be heavily taxed and revenue can be directed to the government coffers, which I'm sure they need some propping up a bit as of recent.

The WTS has always been a corrupt publishing house that exploited all the avenues of religion in America and have made a commercial success

of itself. With the final big sale of their main buildings in Brooklyn the WTS. will have asured the continuance of this organizations operations.

Money and god always go together for some reason or not.

• factfinder
    factfinder

What happens when the society has sold off all of its most valuable properties, and the money has begun to run out again? They will not have such valuable properties to sell then.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Sam Herd just emailed JR Brown, and they CC'd me on the email too. They're going to get some theocratic bling to go along with the $billion dollar sale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit