How do i overcome this guilt and fear?

by newcomer1982 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• AGuest
    AGuest

There is no "Armageddon", dear NC1982 (welcome and peace to you!)... the War at the place called "HAR-Maggedon" doesn't take place until after Satan is loosed, which happens at lease 1,000 years after he's abyssed... which doesn't happen until Christ returns... which is "immediately after the great tribulation"... which hasn't occurred yet. So you've got a little time.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Yeah dont worry we have our own prophet in here and she gets it right all the time.... Wait it doesn't matter just dont worry... Have fun in this place.... We got everything here

• AGuest
    AGuest

I gave her a truthful REASON why she need not worry, dear CJ (peace to you!)... as opposed to a cursory, "Yeah, no, don't worry." She obviously has fears regarding "Armageddon" and so hasn't actually experienced full shipwreck of her faith, yet (as some here have). However, if she knows the TRUTH about it (you know, rather than being treated as an "idjit" for believing in it), perhaps that will ease some of her fears... NOW. Those like you can proceed to work on undermining her faith... later. Plenty of time left for that, too!

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Very important, and I'm not kidding. First remember to breathe.

>breathe in<
    >breathe out<

Focusing on something as normal as this helps get your mind off the wild hamster wheel. And focus on how you breathe out more than how you breathe in.

What you are doing is extraordinary. You are taking control of your life. You are saying who you are and what you believe in. But leaving a high control religious sect like Jehovah's Witnesses is very scary. The next year will be like riding a roller coaster.

But you can do it. The Truth is not the truth. But you must prove it to yourself and then you have to own it.

Believe it or not one day you will look back on this and wonder what the fuss and anxiety was all about. I know because in 1989 I was exactly as you are now.

It does get better. I promise.

Chris

• Open mind
    Open mind

Here's a quote that might be of some help. It's almost a cliche on this board, but I really liked it the first time I read it and so did my wife.

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question."

Embrace uncertainty. It's exciting as long as you don't let it overwhelm you.

All the best to you on your path of discovery.

om

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome newcomer1982 and I am sorry about your situation. Are you married? I only ask because you mention that you have a son, but didn't mention whether there were any potential issues with your spouse. I agree with what others have said on this forum, especially reading books by Steve Hassan and Raymond Franz. I can add that you should also visit the following websites:

Also, please remember that your parents have been indoctrinated by the WTBTS and the WTBTS is very good at reforming the thoughts of its members. If you are shunned by your parents, you can continue to send your parents pictures of your family having fun. The best thing that you can do is show your parents that the WTBTS is wrong about how JWs will be destroyed if they leave the WTBTS. Time, making new "Worldly" friends, making plans for your future, possibly seeing a therapist about overcoming WTBTS phobias, and enjoying life are the best cures for overcoming the WTBTS indoctrination.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

P.S. - here is a video of Raymond Franz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c6I0fjiYNU

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

As already mentioned, READ. Learn and discuss. Get to know normal people.

Now that you want out, your relationships will change. It's taken me a long time to realize that in my relationship with my parents, the religion is no longer my problem, the religion is THEIR problem.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Greetings! I will caution you to stick to the Bible. Do not "try atheism" as God views you dedicated.

"do not say before the angel it was a mistake" Ecclesiastes 5:6 Be careful for them who will

tell you that God is a trinity. Remember that not making an image of God is one of the ten commands.

I am reading Crisis of Conscience but I came to the conclusion on my own before reading it.

Somewhat boring, I suggest reading pages 168-169. In a nut shell; this is what was said of Russell;Pastor Russell

shall be a sign unto them shall tell them the truth about the Divine appointment of the trouble as

they consult his books ...his words shall be a sign of hope

I don't know what the organization is NOW, but back then, it was a cult.

For your son's sake imagine your new Christian freedom as more time to spend with him. Be happy! The Bible is a help. Keep it up!

Don't doubt God, He is for you. Preaching? I've been talking and talking, it is not on people's minds to know God. Do what you can

to be TRUE, especially to your son. Be helpful, cheerful when you can. I love you, sister!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome, Newcomer! Welcome, Isojourn!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit