What's Fun in Boston?

by SixofNine 34 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Any travel advice from Boston natives or people who know the area well? I will be flying into Boston on my way to a cabin in Maine at the end of August, and my schedule allows me the flexibility to either fly in and drive to Maine immediately, or spend a day or two in the Boston area.

What is a must see/must do in the Boston area? Any Boston apostates/tourism consultants on the board?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Plenty of beautiful Portuguese women.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

OMG!!! I loved Boston and Maine like nothing I've ever seen!!!

Being me, of course I had to walk the "Freedom Trail" a tassle of historical sites all in one awesome walk.

Lexington and Concord, the first shots of the Revolution. Beautiful area, including the spot where Paul Revere was captured, Louisa May Alcott, Nathaniel Hawthorn and Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote........................sorry, I was nearly orgasmic the whole time

Is your cabin anywhere near Acadia? just beautiful in every way. We are planning to retire there we loved it so much.

All we were able to see of Mass and Maine was just wonderful.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

ok, that's a good start.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

So where are you going in Maine? I just got back from Bar Harbor. Plenty of natural beauty and great lobster. Red's Eats in Wiscasset is a unique experience. Maine might be enough depending upon your interests.

I am from CT, but have gone to Boston many times -- do you like touristy things? Or art? Or theater? Or history? Boston has all. It also has Boston Common where those who have something to say still literally get up on their soapboxes.

If you are a Dem you might enjoy the Kennedy Library - very interesting.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah, it looks like a little bit of heaven, Ber. The place I'm staying is right out of On Golden Pond. Looks like it is about an hour or so from Acadia Nat Park/Bar Harbor.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I love it so!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

OH taking a drive from Boston up to Gloucester is beautiful. I could totally see myself living in Swampscott. And I mean that, it's a pretty area.

And the Maine beaches are only an hour or so away...GORGEOUS!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Maine might be enough depending upon your interests.

The closest town is a place called Surrey, if I have my geography correct. Yes, I think it would be more than enough after a rough Texas summer. But I'll be in Boston anyway, and I have plenty of time, so....?

do you like touristy things?

Not usually; I like to get to know a place like a local.

It also has Boston Common where those who have something to say still literally get up on their soapboxes.

This might be fun. I could go full Danny Hazzard on unsuspecting JW's.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I've never been there but I hear good things about their baked beans. Granted, that could be a gamble but I'd hate for you to miss something truly special. I think it was in Fodor's... or maybe 7-11 candy aisle. One of those reliable sources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit