R.I.P. *animal*... We'll miss you, buddy... :'(

by VampireDCLXV 43 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

BUMP!

V665V665

• Scully
    Scully

Y'know, I was totally freaked out afraid of Rick and his biker persona when I first arrived to JWD, almost 10 years ago.

I chatted with him on AOL quite a lot for a few months, and he was a better counsellor than any psychiatrist with a bunch of degrees after their name. He got me to examine and reflect on my own beliefs by always probing and asking why I said or thought what I did. I owe him a debt of gratitude for showing me how to do that, and do it honestly.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Bye Animal ..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Violia
    Violia

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?topic=12971.msg200654;topicseen#new

link to jws.

condolences to his family.

yes scully, Rick did not waste words and had a way of as they say " break it on down".

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Just re-read his intro. Sorry to see a bad-guy turned good go at such a young age. RIP, and let freedom ring.

- Wing Commander

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I'm so sorry to hear this.

My sincerest condolences to the friends and family

Branda

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

It's nice to see a few more replies to this thread. Another update:

There will be a memorial service for Rick on Saturday, August 20 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
    Check his facebook page for further details or PM me if you wish to. I'm sure that not many of us can really make it there but the rest of us will be there in spirit, I'm sure.

Thanks also to:

OUTLAW
    WingCommander
    Country_Woman

Thabk you all for your replies, well-wishes and regards...

V665V665

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm really very sorry to hear this. I got to meet him at the first Dallas apostafest at the Bradford Hotel. His marching orders were what happens at the Bradford stays at the Bradford. Good guy.

Chris

• Violia
    Violia

from JH/rat

"Thanks for letting me know. I'm very saddened by this news. A few years ago, I belonged to Rick's board."

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Good bye to you my friend. He did the honors of walking me down the aisle at my wedding. Never judge a book by it's cover. Rick Henry (animal), had a huge heart, and never liked to see anyone in pain. I am blessed to have known him. What sad news. :(

witchywoman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit