R.I.P. *animal*... We'll miss you, buddy... :'(

by VampireDCLXV 43 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I have an announcement to make:

Rick Henry AKA "animal" has just passed away. On July 26, 2011, Rick suddenly fell ill (for no apparent reason at the time) and had to go to hospital. Later on it was determined that he had a liver infection (at the very least) and was immediately given a course of IV antibiotics. A litany of tests, treatments and biopsies were performed on him over the next few days. On August 8, he was officially diagnosed with Stage IV Liver Cancer that had metastasized from his lungs and was immediately prepared for a course of chemotherapy. It was in vain however as he lost the fight this afternoon on August 9.

I admit that I didn't know him for very long or very well at all since he was just a Facebook friend of mine for a short couple of months. I know that there are at least a few old timers here who probably did know him and will want to know of his passing. Below is the link to his profile if you're not sure of who he is...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/1214

All-in-all, this is a very sad occasion. If you knew Rick, please post here and on his Facebook wall if you know him there too. I'll see if I can arrange for greetings and well-wishes from here to be passed on to his family but I can't make any promises. Peace to you all...

V665V665

• zoiks
    zoiks

I am very sorry to hear of his passing.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thanks Vamp.

I didn't know him, but still, it's sad when a fellow JWN'er passes on

You're doing a good thing here.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Same as White Dove...I unfortunately did not know him. So very sorry to hear of his passing.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Thank you Vampire. I also did not know him but just like White Dove said you are doing a good thing in letting everybody know. I look at his profile and saw he was born in 1956. To young to die. It helps me to realize how short life is. So make good use of the days you have. Totally ADD

• Black Sheep
  • mummatron
    mummatron

I didn't know him either, HOWEVER, I sincerely hope he is at peace now he's no longer suffering from such a painful condition.

Hugs to all affected by his passing.

• Violia
    Violia

yes recall him well. I was on his board that some went to after the political threads became abusive here at jwd. RIP, Animal.

Vamp I posted this over at JWS, as I know some over there did know Animal. Hope that is OK , I credited you with the post.

• Violia
    Violia

bttt

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I didn't know him either, but R.I.P. Animal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit