On becoming atheist - the tug of war

by Nickolas 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest
    We seem, regardless, to have wandered rather badly off the topic of discussion.

Sorry, truly. Can I blame it on your hypo? P-p-p-p-leeze? (Shelby bats eyes...).

Just an FYI, I did try to delete my posts so as to get us back on topic, but it was too late, sorry.

Peace, dear Nick... and I'll be quiet, now.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Yes, I will take full responsibility for the detour, dear lady. We started out discussing fear of death and oblivion, went to personal experiences with death and expanded the subject to include horrendous scenarios of death and destruction. My illustration was not so much a prediction of what is going to happen but the extent to which faith holds the world hostage. It was an interesting tangent and I thank you sincerely for your contributions. But when you wax on so eloquently about prophets and prophesies my mind goes into a self-induced muddle of sorts. I suppose I just tune out because for me that train has already left the station, never to return.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I suppose I just tune out because for me that train has already left the station, never to return.

Aw, man ( Shelby whines )...

But, no, I hear you, dear Nick - due to law school, where they are one of the foundation of legal study, I often do the same with "hypotheticals". LOLOLOLOL!

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Agreed, Paul. But can you imagine what kind of world we would live in if modern society used the morals of the OT to govern itself? You don't even have to imagine. You need only witness what life is like in fundamentalist Islamic countries.

OT laws were aimed at making a horrific situation more "bareable" for a people that refused to understand God's love for them and for all those that would be saved VIA them.

There isn't a difference between YHWH and Jahesuha, between the OT God and Our Father of the NT, what is Different is how he is revealed By His Son and how he was finally understood by the writers of the NT gospels and letters.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    OT laws were aimed at making a horrific situation more "bareable" for a people that refused to understand God's love for them and for all those that would be saved VIA them.

Some of those laws hardly appear to be a weaning process. Why go from no laws to crazy strict laws to a more reasonable law of love?

Is it possible that you're stretching and contorting this theory to fit a foregone conclusion?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

BYAH! CURSE YOU VILE DOUBLE-POST!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

After I read your latest, PSac, my brain went into overload and I had to lie down to take a nap.

• watersprout
    watersprout

WOW! *Wipes beads of sweat off brow* That was a mammoth read! So much info....

Shel (the greatest love and peace to you) after the ''four winds'' are released is religion then banned or is it banned before??

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

I will have to PM/email you, dear WS, if that's okay (the greatest of love and peace to you, child!)? I promised dear Nick (peace, my brutha!) I would try to stay on-topic here, so...

Gimme a sec (or two)? Thanks, luv!

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, glad to see dear Nick back... and hopefully with his brain "refreshed"! LOLOLOL!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I'm now pickling it with a nice Shiraz, Shelby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit