For those who do not believe in the Bible: Why don't you?

by Chemical Emotions 47 Replies latest jw friends

• kazar
    kazar

talesin, you said it all. At least for me you did.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I don't think I'll bore everyone with the same tired old story of what I realized when I was 7 - 8 years old and an elder read Exodus 19: 16-19, from the platform...

Aside from realizing that that scripture describes an erupting volcano, and IF this "god" had actually 'created' the earth, then "he" damn well ought to have known what an erupting volcano was...

In addition to that awakening, however, anyone who has researched the history of religion - ALL religion - will quickly realize that there cannot be a "god"... because religion itself EVOLVED...

Zid

• cult classic
    cult classic

I don't believe the Bible should be given any more credit than it deserves. A confusing book that inspires thoughts and feelings of guilt, shame, confusion and hatred. Oh yeah, with a few positive and practical tidbits strewn throughout.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

why would i buy more into hebrew mythology than into greek, norse or egyptian mythology? greek and norse mythology is a lot more interesting anyway...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It's a book of myths written long ago by superstitious men to attempt to explain what they didn't really understand. Man has always lacked the ability to simply say "I don't know."

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"For those who do not believe in the Bible: Why don't you?"

For the same reason I don’t believe in the Koran

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Gladiator, I used to ask myself that when I was a witless. Why is the Bible better than the Koran? How would one know if we didn't read it, or any other religious books?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

J. Hofer: why would i buy more into hebrew mythology than into greek, norse or egyptian mythology? greek and norse mythology is a lot more interesting anyway...

That's true, I always thought it was more interesting too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit