Watchtower falsification of its history

by jwfacts 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

In regards to the cross & crown not being omitted it gives them an appearance of candidness. Most people don't know it's origin. they figure it's like any other cross. Omitting the flags can be excused as an oversight (which debunks their being thorough) or excuse it by saying the br's used a rented facility if it was up to them there would be no flags. Similar to when a school auditorium is used for the memorial.

That video turned a dim light on for me. That's because I was familiar with the Proclaimers and the JW's in the Divine Purpose books. I say dim because I excused the missing info by saying they don't have time to mention everything. Others who noticed missing info said the same thing. In my experience most JW's that were around to go thru the proclaimers book on the school don't remember much. Today many new ones don't even know about it unless they happen upon it on the cd-rom.

It is horrifying to me to realize the level of deception. Since it's done thru omission the avg JW chalks it up to lack of time or page space. The avg JW's are on a hamster wheel. Most work at unfulfilling jobs, then they have to keep up with a "theocratic schedule" while being human & many have families. There's no time for critical thinking. My husband is still on that wheel. I see how tired he is and how he's just getting by keeping up with it all. Now he has to do it on his own since I've left. For him & most JW's they're either going to put on the brakes and assess it all or continue on being blinded & led to the slaughter.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

They've approximated the scene for the sake of simplicity. They're not going to blow a Paramount Pictures budget on creating an exact replica of the place (besides, they have a $multi-million leisure complex to build at Wallkill - gotta save the pennies ). It is curious that the banner is missing, however.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

jwfacts......to me the above pictures are yet another example of how the WTBTS speaks with a forked tongue.

Thank you for the time you have put into researching this material.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

As mentioned the banner is missing too, so it's hard to be certain the omission of the flag was deliberate rather than it just being a poor replica.

Everyone is wearing hats in the video but not in the picture as far as I can see.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

That picture is Photoshopped, right down to the color saturation and the level of clarity.

There are no 2 locations, that is the place. The banner has a man's photo in the center, whose I wonder?

Most likely Rutherford.

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for this. Has anyone ever seen a video clip of the Judge giving a talk? I was looking on the Internet and have not found any old movie clip of the Judge. Maybe nobody thought him newsworthy enough to waste the 16mm movie film on.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I can see the photo much more clearly in the Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers book on page 259. The picture in the banner where it states King looks like Jesus. But the picture in the Proclaimers book seems to be slightly different from the one above. What is that tripod looking thing on the stage; is it a camera? That does not appear in the Proclaimers book. Also, can anyone make out what that round black circle in the D of ADV is?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It looks to me like the difference in the windows in only because the vantage point is from further back and a slightly different angle....

Yep, it's the same place all right, and the Watchtower is up to their usual sleight of hand....

• dozy
    dozy

Well spotted JWF. Doubtless the WTBTS would claim that it was never intended to be an exact replica of the scene , but I have no doubt that a deliberate decision would have been made to omit the flags from the dramatisation.

They have obviously used the same building , rattled up a stage with a bit of MDF & chipboard , hired a few old suits & hats and re-enacted the scene. I can just imagine the conversation...

"Should we get the flags in as well? After all , they are in the picture that we are working from?"

..Quick phone call to branch...

"No - Bethel says no - it will just stumble the brothers. Hold the flags. Leave the cross & crown in mind you - can't really avoid having that in the scene. Try to get a lady with a big hat to cover the symbol a bit."

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The video does show the banner above the stage. The banner is opened after Rutherford says to advertise. The scene JWfacts has above was before they opened the banner above the stage. The video does show two of the actual pics from that conv. It's had to make out the flags on my dvd player the zoom is limited. I can see the flags in the second pic which is of the back of the facility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit