Let me introduce myself

by Kensei01 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

Let me add my welcome . . .

It was interesting to read your experience . . . but as you would expect, no suprises. I can identify with a lot of it.

Look forward to having you around.

size ... CHCH NZ

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Welcome to the board. The "elders are appointed by holy spirit" is what got my husband to start doubting it's the truth. One of his friends had been appointed as a MS and then quickly an elder and there was not way holy spirit had anything to do with it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

A very big welcome also.... The girl that lied about you did you a favor really.
    otherwise instead of sitting here you could be knocking on doors this a.m.
    Very happy to have you join us...

Mouthy...

• life is to short
    life is to short

Just wanted to add my welcome. Your stroy is like so many here on the board. I went through something very similar only it was in all the halls I have been in including the one we were in while at Bethel. There is no love in this religion no matter how hard you try to do your best all they do is use you up.

Gald you are here.

LITS

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to JWN Kensei!

Does your wife have any doubts about the Organization?

om

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

open mind:

Thanks for your post. Yes my wife has some doubts. More critical than doubting. She believes the doctrine but thinks most of the people simply serve themselves. Again thanks for your welcoming spirit.

• kazar
    kazar

Big Welcome Kensei!!!!

• flipper
    flipper

KENSEI 01 - Nice to have you on the board ! I'm sorry you and your wife have experienced unjust treatment and heartache. Been there, had that done to me as well. Sit back and pull up a chair. You will find kind, unconditional friendships on this board. I'm sure you'll find us a lot more accepting than the JW's. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Wecome Kensei01 and I look forward to more posts from you. Do you feel that you wife will be joining JWN also? Have you read Raymond Franz's books (e.g., "Crisis of Conscience") and Steve Hassan's books (e.g., "Combatting Cult Mind Control")? Reading books from either of those authors may give you peace that you have not felt in a long time and help you dealing with other JWs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Removed for cussing, how stupid does it get?

On the other hand, I know a 'brother' who signed a plea deal admitting to 2nd degree criminal sexual assault who told the elders he didn't really do it, he signed it to avoid a trial, and they believed him;NO congregation action.

There is the much vaunted holy-spirit directed organization in action!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit