What's The Worst Thing About Being A Witness?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

There's no such thing as an individual conscience, and you can't leave the religion without significant fallout and a loss of dignity.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Feeling horny all the time. And then guilty. And then horny again, and therefore guilty again.

--sd-7

• james_woods
    james_woods

The worst thing for me was being ashamed of your own religion.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Thought suppression coupled with information control.

• minimus
    minimus

I consider myself somewhat "normal". As a JW you are ashamed to say who or what you are. It's an embarrassment, to say the least.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

for me it is two things. One is having no reference in time. Since there were no "celebrations" there was nothing to say remember that xmas when we did blah blah? (of course we never did blah blah anyway). I have a hard time with time. I also have a hard time with motivation. As a witless you just did the same ol over and over. Nothing to look forward to except seeing people die horribly and then living like an automaton FOREVER. Looking forward for an eturnity of post traumatic stress. I just feel stuck getting thru each day and am glad when it's bedtime. I watch my friends vacation, camp, do stuff but I just work, take care of the animals, mow de lawn.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Living in the Matrix.

• minimus
    minimus

Dog, I see your point. No reference points except that we went to a stupid assembly or didn't go to a Sunday meeting and were real rebels!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Being around Jehovah's Witnesses

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

As a teenage boy only having sex on my mind and knowing I was going to die at the big A for being normal. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit