For My Christian, Jewish and Atheist Friends, "Why I am No Longer a Christian."

by Robdar 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

This is a rather long yet fascinating documentary from a former KU student about his transformation from a true Christian believer to an atheist. If you have the time to watch it, I would love to hear your comments.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/why-i-am-no-longer-a-christian/

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Robdar: I have posted these videos here, in the past. It's an ongoing series. They are excellent. Highly recommended.

• Robdar
    Robdar

LWT, although I love the videos you post, I must have missed your initial installment of this one. Sorry about that. I hope you don't mind me re-posting the material.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Robdar: It may be that I didn't post a thread with his very first video in the series. In the post below, I jump in at Part 3, with his 'History of God', then make mention that the entire series is good, in a subsequent comment.

So, anyway, thank you for posting this. It's worth the time, even for believers.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/204505/1/YouTube-A-History-of-God-Part-I

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh yeah, the video is certainly worth the time. Much of the information he talks about in the "History of God" segment we discussed in my Jewish conversion classes. I believe that segment in particular will cause many Christians heads to explode. LOL

It's just one more reason why Christians shouldn't interpret the "Old Testament." They haven't a clue what it is really about or how it came to be written, then re-written, and then re-written again.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I will become a christian the moment Jesus talks to me. So far I have not been selected as one of the chosen few.

It seems that the deal is we have to believe first and then we get his voice in our head. It's called faith.

It's all too weird for me and for that reason I am out.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Gladiator, I agree that it all gets pretty darn weird. The guy who put the video together really thought it out and addresses his belief of being guided by the holy spirit. There is no doubt that he was a true believer. It takes a while but he addresses almost every point of why Christians believe the way they do. And he speaks respectfully and kindly to the believer. He is not uppity and condescending as many atheists are.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm anxious to see this.

On a side note, yesterday I talked with the wife of my cousin who passed away 1 1/2 yrs ago. What I found interesting is my aunt, who just passed, was athiest, as well as her two sons, and both grandchildren. When we were originally in touch with my cousin and his wife, my family were all full fledged JW's. So imagine her shock to hear my sister and I were out, and me... not sure of too much of anything. That means out of 9 family members, only 3 are believers in god. Sort of interesting...

I will check the video out at lunch. Thanks for posting.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Watched the first two segments with interest and will dedicate some time later to watching the rest. Thanks for the link.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

marked for later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit