For My Christian, Jewish and Atheist Friends, "Why I am No Longer a Christian."

by Robdar 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Someone on this thread mentioned Thomas Jefferson and the fact that he was a Deist. Perhaps they are already aware of Jefferson's collection of Jesus' teachings entitled by Jefferson himself as, "The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, Extracted Textually from the Gospels in Greek, Latin, French & English." Jefferson did not believe Jesus was the Son of God but he did admire his teachings and his personal integrity and extracted these from the Gospels in his collection. It is today called, The Jefferson Bible, though he himself never meant to have it called such. I believe it is still in print.

• Farkel
    Farkel

broken promises,

: Feel better now that you've insulted EP, Farkel? You must have pretty low self esteem if that's the best you can do.

That's not an argument, idiot. That's just a slam. Feel better now that you have tried to slam me with no facts whatsoever, dummy? You must have low self esteem or other problems since you can't even form an argument like I did. Even if my argument was idiotic, it was still an argument and took time to produce. All you did was blather. Does your family tree have no branches?

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

JonathanH,

: Farkel, your deist argument is essentially the same as Aquinas' first three of his five ways, or the slightly reworded kalam cosmological argument. Both of these arguments are rife with logical problems.

But of course! I'm surprised you don't know me well enough to know that. Of COURSE! ALL beliefs are not logical! I freely admit it.

To put it another way, let me assert this: "since there is very little evidence that a Theistic God exists and is active in human affairs, and since I still cannot get my head around who made the stuff that created the big bang and who set off the big bang, I choose to believe there is someone behind all of that. My proof for this: zero. My belief for this: varies, according to my mood. May change tomorrow. I haven't ruled out the possibility of magical purple and orange invisible Unicorns. Or female gods with big boobs."

How's that?

Farkel

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    That's not an argument, idiot. That's just a slam. Feel better now that you have tried to slam me with no facts whatsoever, dummy? You must have low self esteem or other problems since you can't even form an argument like I did. Even if my argument was idiotic, it was still an argument and took time to produce. All you did was blather.

What's with your obsessions with arguments? I wasn't arguing anything, simply making a statement about your bullying behaviour.

• Farkel
    Farkel

broken promises,

: What's with your obsessions with arguments? I wasn't arguing anything, simply making a statement about your bullying behaviour.

What's your obession that thinking a reasoned post is less important than your stupid feelings because you are incapable of stating anything else?

No one gives a shit about what you feel. Grow up.

Farkel

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I think you're the one that needs to grow up, Farkel. Yes, there are people who care about how I feel. Just because you don't doesn't mean that others don't.

I have no idea why you attack me so personally. Whatever your motives are, they're not helping you. If you want to die a bitter old man, go ahead. It's not going to hurt anyone else but yourself.

• Farkel
    Farkel

bp,

: I have no idea why you attack me so personally. Whatever your motives are, they're not helping you. If you want to die a bitter old man, go ahead. It's not going to hurt anyone else but yourself.

At least I won't die a stupid, bitter old man. I would rather die bitter than stupid if they were my only two options.

You have chosen to die the latter because you obviously have declared you have no other choice. Mark Twain died a brilliant, bitter old man. I'd rather be like him than you.

Farkel

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yep, whatever Farkel. You called me stupid, oh boo-frigging-hoo.

LOL.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I would like to take this time to invite BP and Farkel over to my house for mixed drinks and h'ordeuvres. Let's throw a party and drink to the point where we're all saying, "I luv ya, man!"

And, of ccourse, everybody else is invited too.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I don't need a drink to say, "I luv ya, Robdar!"

cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit