My Apostate wife is out on service

by fade_away 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• fade_away
    fade_away

As I write this, my wife who left the borg along with me is out on service with an old JW friend. Her friend is visiting town and she didn't know we stopped going to the meetings when she called my wife and asked her out on a door to door service. My wife explained to her our current situation, but still decided to go out with her just this one time. Her friend has done so much for my wife in the past that my wife felt going on service with her and catching up would be the least she could do in return. Her friend has had a few doubts in her past but has quickly "recovered" and she is now a hardcore JW going on service at full throttle; even constantly moving to foreign countries where "the need is greater".

Well right now, my wife is joining her out of gratitude for being a good friend. It's funny to think of the people opening the door to what they think is just another witness, when in fact she is an apostate undercover. My wife means well though. She wants to show this girl the humble attitude and love she still has for her friends despite the fact she doesn't agree on their doctrines. Maybe my wife can set an example for all JWs out there who wouldn't do the same. The ones who refuse to hang out just cause we don't agree with them. My wife is actually showing that she may have her doubts, but she doesn't shun her friends cause of it.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Even if it was for a friend, I don't think I could drag myself back out there again.

• nugget
    nugget

I did this once. Once was enough I was miserable for the whole time and tried desperately to bunk off early.

• steve2
    steve2
    Her friend is visiting town and she didn't know we stopped going to the meetings when she called my wife and asked her out on a door to door service. My wife explained to her our current situation, but still decided to go out with her just this one time.

Hi, I have lots of questions about this so please forgive me if I come across as someone who doubts your account. Wouldn't your wife's friend, as a visitor herselft, still be working door to door with members of the local congregation who would know your wife hasn't been attending? Wouldn't the local congregation be a little suspicious that your wife suddenly turns up for door to door service after stopping going to meetings? How much of your current situation did your wife explain to her friend? Will your wife be speaking or taking turns presenting literature? How can she promote the witnesses' message in from of her friend and the householder if she hasn't been to meetings and has her doubts? Apart from feeling she owes her friend something, what does she hope to accomplish by going door to door? I can't follow your comment that your wife would be setting an example by accompanying her friend. If householders have any thoughts at all about religious door knockers, they probably wouldn't care at all about what was going on in the minds of the door knockers (e.g., that one of them has doubts about the religion.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Everyone knows we haven't been attending, but they see us as "sick and in need of help". They wouldn't stop inviting us on service, in fact they will probably ask us to go even more now that we are "sick". As for how much her friend knows of our innactivity, I say just the fact that we aren't attending cause of certain doubts. That's all she knows. She doesn't know what doubts exactly, unless my wife is telling her right now as we speak. As for my congregation getting suspicious, I guess time will tell. This is all happening tonight, so I guess we can't know for sure how everyone will react yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks everyone will find out she went on service and we'll just have to wait and see how they react.

" Will your wife be speaking or taking turns presenting literature? How can she promote the witnesses' message in from of her friend and the householder if she hasn't been to meetings and has her doubts? Apart from feeling she owes her friend something, what does she hope to accomplish by going door to door?"

Well steve, she can answer that better than I. I can have her PM you the answers in the next 3 hours or so. Keep checking your PMs. She will answer under my user name "fade_away".

I can't follow your comment that your wife would be setting an example by accompanying her friend.

I apologize for anyone that can't see that. It's the way I see it. Wether it's going on service or just hanging out at the mall, she decided to catch up with this old friend and show her she won't stop being her friend despite the differences.

If householders have any thoughts at all about religious door knockers, they probably wouldn't care at all about what was going on in the minds of the door knockers (e.g., that one of them has doubts about the religion.)

They wouldn't care. I just said it's funny (to me) to think about that situation. I never said wether they care or not. Damn steve, the Watchtower isn't the only thing you question huh? Lol, I guess the GB makes us skeptical about everything we hear.

• moshe
    moshe

You will be miserable going with JWs out in service- I know. You want to kick some sense into them when they start with their phoney message. It's a lost cause.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

so howd it go?

she is a good woman!

FS

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I stopped trying to please friends and relatives a while ago.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks fade-away fro your answers to my questions. I've got a better understanding now of you and your wife's views on the matter. Door knocking can be punishing at the best of times! So I guess it shows how mucvh your wife thinks of her friend. Thank goodness her friend doesn't live locally because I'd wonder how often she would be prepared to go door-to-door for the sake of her friendship!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Reminds me of a book written about a mother who went undercover, got herself reinstated, with the purpose to be able to talk to her grown daughter again, and went to meetings and in service with her daughter. Now she could talk with her daughter and carefully and gently say things to help her daughter to question and think,,took over a year about I think.. I've loaned out that book recently. Guess I'll read it again. Amazing that that mother could do it and a demonstration of very much love for her daughter.

Your wife sounds like a very good friend to do this, this way. I hope it works out. One never knows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit