Was it designed . . . TO KILL? The funnel-web spider. . .

by Lore 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Lore
    Lore

“The cow and the bear themselves will feed; together their young ones will lie down. And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull. And the sucking child will certainly play upon the hole of the cobra . . . They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain.”—Isa. 11:7-9.

The watchtower teaches that before the flood, all animals were vegetarians. God didn't DESIGN animals to be brutal killers, he designed them to live together in peace. So every animal that 'appears' to be adapted strictly to feed off other animals, is just misusing the traits god gave it to eat vegetation. (As evidenced by Watchtower 1969 9/1 P.543-544)

Lets take just one example: The Trapdoor Spider.

The trapdoor spider digs a hole, normally in the ground, and seals off the entrance with a plug. It attaches a silk hing to this plug which allows it to quickly pop out and attack whatever 'plant' is near it's entrance. It also lays out little silk 'tripwires' which, when triggered, alert the spider to the presense of something outside.
    (Please note that, since most plants don't react very quickly to danger, the element of suprise may seem 100% useless while hunting plants. This is because you don't know any better.)

It camouflages its hole with dirt and leaves to make it look as indistinquishable from it's surroundings as possible. (Please note that, since most plants don't have eyes, camouflage may seem 100% useless in hunting plants. this is because you don't know any better.)

Living underground is NOT particularly easy. The trapdoor spider can't just dig a hole and live in it until a 'plant' happens to walk by. It has to line the hole with silk so that the borrow doesn't collapse. It also has to make sure the lid is water tight so it doesn't get flooded.

And it seems that wasps have gone against gods original design, since the wasps will find a way into the trapdoor spider's hole and lay eggs in it. The eggs hatch and release larva which eat the spider from the inside out. So the trapdoor spider makes little branches and secondary chambers in it's hole which it can seel off or escape through. (Note that in the absense of predators, a defense mechanism may seem almost entirely useless. This is because you do'nt know any better.)

So hopefully I have shown that the trapdoor spider was hand designed by a loving god to be the ultimate plant-trimming-machine.

• clarity
    clarity

Good one!!!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haha thats beautiful. You forgot to mention that it has to put its home next to a well vegetated area.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Perhaps you could follow up with an analysis of the Lamprey Eel?

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL James . . . not to mention this nasty birdcatcher . . . I wonder what he will eat in paradise? . . . falling apples perhaps?

• I quit!
    I quit!

If you believe that all animals on this planet were vegetarian before the flood then I think you also have to believe that a very rapid form of evolution took place after the flood that transformed the bodies of many of these animals into killing machines.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Great reasoning, Lore.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The vegetarian that had these teeth must have been eating some dangerous pre-flood plant!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Excellent point, Lore. You really have to contort reasoning to come up with an explanation as to how all these species who are now carnivores changed in the past from herbivores. It doesn't make sense that they were once vegetarian. Something had to keep the balance. All species being vegetarian means the Earth would be overrun. And really, aren't all spiders killing machines? That's what they do. Same with the ants and birds. If we didn't have them, we'd be covered in bugs. Literally.

My nephew had a couple of lizards years ago. My SIL told me that one day while they were away, the ants marched into the house and completely annihilated the live crickets my nephew was keeping to feed his lizards. There was carnage everywhere... bits and pieces of cricket body parts and legs were all that was left of some 20 or so crickets he'd been keeping in a screened container.

Trap Door Spider

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And kill they do. The Sydney funnel web spider is one of the few creatures that will happily launch a first-strike offensive against people. And it happens to be one of the deadliest spiders in the world. The Brazilian wandering spider, or banana spider, is slightly less aggressive (though it will not hesitate to bite someone for little reason) and even more poisonous. I wonder how many of either it would take to put in the Kingdumb Hell before they have to cancel the boasting session.

And, all spiders are venomous. Most will do nothing to people, or will simply leave a little bump. They are designed to kill insects (or, in the case of larger spiders, small birds or rodents). These fangs cannot be used to eat vegetation--they are not designed for eating vegetation or sucking plant sap. Which fact you will not find in the Asleep! rag, especially that the Sydney funnel web spider is the most aggressive spider and will happily bite you for no good reason. I would like to see them try to explain that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit