Do you think US will solve the debt ceiling crisis by August 2?

by Iamallcool 32 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I know as a practical matter, the debt ceiling has to be raised, but I wouldn't mind seeing us default. Who is it really going to hurt? The Chi-coms? SS and medicare isn't held in bonds.

Bizzy: You said Boehner is a huge fail? The Constitution says that all spending must originate in the Congress. They passed a cut cap and balance bill. Reid killed it in the Senate. Tonight they passed Boehner 3.0. NOw it's on the way to the Senate.

What I don't get is this: Why do you liberals and Democrats believe that it's ok for Reid to pass legislation that is going to get no where in the House, but it's not OK for Boehner to get legislation through the house that's going to get killed in the Senate?

Your double standard is disturbing.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I just saw that the Senate rejected it...

<tired-much>

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You can't force the tea party in congress to vote any certain way. They are ideologues. The more you stand up to them, the more they grind in their heels. It's a shame the Republican party allowed them to gain as much power as they did. But there you have it. The republicans are slaves to their fringe.

The dems put SS, medicare and medicaid on the table. It may mean some people will become destitute or not be able to get health care, but hey, it's the adult thing. What more do you want from them?

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I believe they were looking for an actual constitutional AMMENDMENT. That's different. They are using their moment of power to try to force the country to change it's complete structure. If they want an ammendement, then do it right. Put it to the states. Now is not the time. Why should any party give in to such tactics? Are we run by schoolyard bullies now?

NC

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

14 trillion, 16 trillion, 18 trillion....................f*** it!

Raise it to 900 trillion.

On second thought...............f*** that also.

Let's just make it an even Quadrillion and call it a day.

JDW

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You people are aware that this is all bull orchestrated by the Republicans aren't you? We didn't have to attach any damn thing to the rise of the debt ceiling. Something that happened 18 times under Reagan, and 7 times under Bush. This is about paying off the budget that was already agreed on, not new spending. The attachment of provisions and cap screw and pout by the morons on the right is all an attempt to hold the country hostage over the rather commonplace rise of the debt ceiling.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

mmmhmmmmm. congress made the budget and approved the expenses and now they don't want to pay, but for some reason, it's the dems that need to be adult. Well they have been. THEY put it ALL on the table. The house is dominated by kindergartners that they flatter when they call them freshmen.

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Hey NC, you just reminded me of something. Bush NEVER put the cost of the wars on the budget. Now they are.

Is anyone aware of what they want to cut? What exactly does "non military discretionary spening" cover? Most Americans would be appalled if they knew.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Actually, this is the result of people continuing to vote "D" or "R" everytime a ballot is put in front of their face.

What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

JDW

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I know they were going after pell grants---which supports my theory that they miss manorialism and seek a peasant class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit