October 1st 2011 WT - Five Lies About God Exposed!

by RayPublisher 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

This is a good one...definitely a keeper.

Five Lies Spread by the GB

Few experiences hurt more than learning that someone you trust has lied to you. You might feel humiliated, angry, or even betrayed. Lies destroy friendships and marriages; they defraud people of countless milllions of dollars.

Imagine, then, how you would feel if you learned that you had been lied to about God. If you are devout, the effect could be profound...

Youmay have believed a certain teaching all your life. But would you not agree that even a widely held idea can be false? Former U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt recognized this fact, for he said: “Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.”

How can you determine whether you have been lied to? Jesus once said to God in prayer: “Your word is truth.” (John17:17) Yes, God’s Word, the Bible, contains what we need in order to distinguish the truth from lies. Why not let the Bible expose common lies about God? You will see how the truth
    can change your life for the better.

HMMMM...

Lied to by the WTO? --Check.

Defrauded out of my money? --Check.

Humiliated, angry, betrayed? --Check.

Friendships and marriages destroyed? --Check.

“Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.”? --CHECK!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This issue makes me want to puke. It is such CRAP.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Shaking head...

How can you determine whether you have been lied to?

Ummm... by what comes "out" of you folks? For instance:

Jesus once said to God in prayer: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17)

Yes, he is recorded to have said that. He is NOT recorded to have said, however:

Yes, God’s Word, the Bible, contains what we need in order to distinguish the truth from lies. Why not let the Bible expose common lies about God? You will see how the truth

For THAT, he is recorded to have said:

"I am... the TRUTH." (John 14:6)

"You will know the truth and the TRUTH will set you free. ... Therefore, IF THE SON (the TRUTH) SETS YOU FREE... you will truly BE free." (John 8:32, 36)

"Sanctify them... by means of your TRUTH; your WORD is TRUTH." (John 17:17)

... and the BIBLE states:

"The Word... BECAME FLESH." (John 1:14)

"[Jesus] also... that HE might SANCTIFY the people with HIS own blood..." (Hebrews 13:12)

can change your life for the better.

Yeah, well the entire world has seen how THAT (looking to the Bible to change one's life) has worked out. Many more lives (of the victims of those who USE[D] the Bible to justify their oppression, deceit, and even murder of their fellowman) were/have been/are being changed for the WORSE. It's undeniable. And for those who WOULD deny it... they need to understand what the word "denial" really denotes:

D on't E ven k N ow I t's A L ie

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

pg 9 Others try to defend falsehood by saying
    that the Bible is complicated, not meant to
    be understood by everyone. Yet, most of Jesus’
    disciples were ordinary people, without
    higher education, and they readily grasped
    what he taught.—Acts 4:13.

My JW dad said to me "we need the slave to explain the Bible to us. I'm a simple guy I couldn't try to understand the Bible on my own"

pg 9 You could also hold back from scrutinizing
    your beliefs out of fear that doing so would
    display a lack of faith. But does it make sense
    that God would be displeased with you for
    looking into the Bible, his message to mankind,
    to understand what he asks of you? On
    the contrary, his Word encourages you to
    examine the Scriptures personally, saying:
    “Prove to yourselves the good and acceptable
    and perfect will of God.”—Romans 12:2.

Cong coordinator told me to pray for Jehovah to quiet my mind from asking so many questions. He said I should just stick to the Psalms when other books stir up questions. I need to be humble about my perceived ability to understand God's word.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I really believe this whole issue was composed with the "enlightened class" in mind. A thumbing of the nose, if you will.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

But it would be so hard to stop at just 5. The GB has so many lies that need to be exposed.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Yet, most of Jesus’
    disciples were ordinary people, without
    higher education, and they readily grasped
    what he taught.—Acts 4:13.

"Wow! No higher education? We are SO much like the disciples and first century christians! We MUST be the one true religion and God's chosen people. How blessed we are to have such a privilege!" - Typical Dub

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think SBC hit the nail on the head- this WHOLE ISSUE is targeted towards potential 'conscious class' converts.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Love points three and four. Point 3 tries to say that God isn't vengeful, but carefully leaves out that JWs teach that "soon" 6 billion plus are going to be massacred according to their theology.

Point 4 is similar, about God being unfair. Blames Satan for all the bad goings on today while good ole' Jehovah stands by pointing the finger. Oh, but we fail to mention once again Jehovah is going to kill all the kids at Armageddon as well, unless mommy and daddy are good JWs.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

I wonder if they were trawling the internet to find out what the lies were told about them...silly WTBTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit