I NEED TO KNOW THE "TRUTH".

by hubert 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• hubert
    hubert

Are BAPTIZED Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to go to a Catholic Priest's funeral?

Would Elders allow this? (Without them being reproved)?

This is important. I'm sure not many, if any, have come across this situation, but I have, and I'd like to know the absolute truth about it.

I'm told "it is a conscience matter", even for baptized Jehovah's Witnesses.

Is there anyone here, active Elder maybe, or anyone else, who could find out the true answer for me?

Thanks.

Hubert

• minimus
    minimus

You can go to the Pope's funeral or an official's (gov't) funeral. Even family members could go to a DF'd relatives funeral on the QT.

• minimus
    minimus

Hubert, nice to see you here again. I hope all's well!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My father wasn't a priest, but he was Catholic and his funeral was held in a Catholic church. The elders told me it was a "conscience matter". All they said was that we shouldn't 'participate' in the mass. We just sat at the back of the church and watched.

W

• hubert
    hubert

Minimus, we are all doing fine, thanks for asking. I am not here often, but I check in once in a while, and try to "stir up a bees nest" occasionally.

I hope all is well with you, too. Min.

I plan to be here more often, in the future. I need to "study, study, study".

Hubert

Sorry, people, for hijacking my own thread.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

hubert,

Your name still strikes me with fear.

JDW

• hubert
    hubert

For JDW.....

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

Well, looks like I was wrong. I guess going to a Catholic Preists funeral really IS a "conscience matter". It's okay that I am wrong. I can accept it.

What really matters is, I got the "truth" from you people, and that's what counts. That's what I wanted. Thank you all for your honesty.

Hubert

• alanv
    alanv

When my brother got married in a Catholic church we went, but made sure we were not part of the service by sitting away from the wedding party.

I think that is where the trouble would come, if you joined in with the service. Just observing is as has been said just a conscience matter.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I attended my Grandmother's funeral in 2008 at a Catholic Church when I was still an elder, as did my Brother who is still a faithful brainwashed JW elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit