More hypocrisy (surprised?) Oct 1 2011 Public Watchtower

by wannabefree 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Bella & Ziddina

• truman
    truman

I don't often think of scriptures, but when I do, this one comes to mind.

Prov. 20:23

"Two sorts of weights are something detestable to Jehovah, and a cheating set of weights is not good."

Set the WT's advice to push past fear and sunk costs to examine your religion for lies about god next to their usual insistance on fear and loathing of anyone in their midst who dares to ask a real question about JW religion, and what you have is a double standard so flamboyant that is actually becomes a mechanism for their mind control. If you can reconcile this hypocrisy in your mind, the rest won't be much of a problem.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

thought this was a good thread to insert this one. i actually had it explained to me once by an elder, and i know this was not his own teaching, because i can tell when they are speaking someone elses words - of someone higher up in the society. he said that there is a difference between deception and lying, deception is ok in many cases but lying isn't.....i'd be willing to bet good money others on here have heard that whispered to them as well since some of these guys are ex-elders. some brilliant logic there eh? these are the people denouncing this behavior in the heaviest terms then setting it up as an institionalized policy.(i saw a headline the other day that said "al qaeda on the brink of collapse?", well they aint the only ones). unshackled's post being another point, and i know there is a lot more info like that as well, that goes into hitting much harder on the subject. and yet if they do it, it's deception and it's ok, if others do it, it's lying and prepare for df hammer.

to me the logic is simple. you either say lying is ok sometimes (which they say the opposite), or you dont. changing the wording to seem crafty is really bad. "hey you lied about that, i thought we never lie", *crafty grin* "ah ha! no i deceived him young man. keep studying and you will be a big intellectual powerhouse like me someday."....uhh you mean a crazy man in deep self denial?

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Thanks truman - good reminder - I'll use that scripture again.

I was always proud of being a witness. I actually knew the bible much better than people at school or people I met in the ministry. I thought I was being taught to study the bible, however when I ACTUALLY started studying for myself I was told I was an apostate.... Now it makes me sick to think of how stupid I was.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit