display a lack of faith. But does it make sense
    that God would be displeased with you for
    looking into the Bible, his message to mankind,
    to understand what he asks of you? On
    the contrary, his Word encourages you to
    examine the Scriptures personally, saying:
    "Prove to yourselves the good and acceptable
    and perfect will of God."-Romans 12:2.
    (The Watchtower 10/1/2011 page 9 paragraph 3)

Obviously not as blatant as July 2009 Awake! on how no one should be forced to choose between family and beliefs, but still very hypocritical.

Jehovah's Witnesses are told that it is wrong to scrutinize the teachings of the Watchtower Society, aka food from the faithful slave, that independent Bible study is not endorsed, that the truth can only be understood through the faithful slave class, God's Organization, that Jesus and Jehovah trust the faithful slave why wouldn't you? ... the paragraph is truthful, but once again, it applies to everyone except Jehovah's Witnesses.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

What they printed is true. God won't be displeased if you examine the scriptures, but the Watchtower on the other hand, well that's a different story. They're all about control, and breaking up families.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Try independant Bible Study in Watchtower World..

Your going to find yourself in alot of trouble..

Nobody studys the Bible in Watchtower World,without WBT$ Guidence..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• unshackled
    unshackled

wannabefree....if I may add another, there's this piece of vomit-inducing hypocrisy on page 3, first paragraph:

HAVE YOU BEEN LIED TO?

FEW experiences hurt more than learning
    that someone you trust has lied to you.
    You might feel humiliated, angry, or even
    betrayed. Lies destroy friendships and marriages;
    they defraud people of countless millions of dollars.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Oh yeah, I know that feeling all too well unshackled!

• jay88
    jay88

@Shack, Chris Rock put it like this:(edited version)

Can't have sh*t in your house! Why?! Because folks will break into your house. Folks that live next door to you break into your house, come over the next day and go, "I heard you got robbed." WT, you know you robbed me. You didn't see sh*t 'cause you was doing sh*t!

• sir82
    sir82

A couple of ideas come to mind:

-- The WT writers realize that absolutely no one reads their dreck and are just throwing out crap regardless of its hypocrisy, doing just enough checking to avoid lawsuits and obvious errors

-- Or maybe there's a mole on the writing staff who gets his kicks by seeing how outrageously hypocritical he can make a statement and still get away with it

• Ding
    Ding

And here I thought that if you studied the Bible without WT publications to guide you, you'd be in darkness within 2 years.

That's what Pastor Russell said anyway.

If you CAN'T understand the Bible without WT publications, why should you read the Bible?

If you CAN understand the Bible without WT publications, why should you read WT publications?

• Bella15
    Bella15

I think it has to do with future legal liability issues. They may state, we ALWAYS told them "to examine the scriptures personally" if they believed everything we said without "examine the scriptures personally" it is their fault.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I think that they are trying to make themselves look like less of a cult. Note that this type of advice is never found in the study editions?

The other option is that they are so far gone that just can't see the hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit