More hypocrisy (surprised?) Oct 1 2011 Public Watchtower

by wannabefree 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I need to go and tell the cong. coordinator he was right I should wait on the slave to clear up matters. Now it is okay to scrutinize the teachings when just a few weeks ago I was told I was wrong for questioning. Darn me and my impatience.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Pg 9... you might hesitate to change your beliefs, especially if you have held them for a long time. Such hesitancy is understandable.

Some churches discourage the idea of comparing their teachings with what the Bible says. Others try to defend falsehood by saying that the Bible is complicated, not meant to be understood by everyone. Yet, most of Jesus’ disciples were ordinary people, without higher education, and they readily grasped what he taught.—Acts 4:13.

You could also hold back from scrutinizing your beliefs out of fear that doing so would display a lack of faith. But does itmake sense that God would be displeased with you for looking into the Bible, his message to mankind, to understand what he asks of you? On the contrary, his Word encourages you to examine the Scriptures personally, saying: “Prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”—Romans 12:2.

This is unbearable. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband keeps up with the public edition since its for the ministry and leaves the study edition for when it's time to go over it. If I can get him to compare the public to the garbage in the study edition I may have an in with him. I need patience and the perfect timing.

No joke just last night I said to him words that are reflected in this para. on pg 8 To please God, we must keep our worship free of lies about him. Jesus said: “The true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth.” (John 4:23) We learn the true path to God from his Word, the Bible

I am a discreetslave.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I'm not surprised. Try the following in your congregation:

- Go to the meeting missing your Bible.

- Then go to the meeting missing any Watchtower publication (SB, KM, WT, YB, ...).

How often does somebody share or give you a spare bible to use.

How often does somebody share or give you a spare Watchtower publication to use.

On Sunday meetings how often does an attendant run up to you with a Bible.

On Sunday meetings how often does an attendant run up to you with a Watchtower publication.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you wannabefree. The Oct public magazine edition of the Watchtower is just more evidence the FDS speaks with a forked tongue. You would never, ever expect to see statements like this in the study edition Watchtower. Talk about double standards!

Those statements are what I would call a....'WOW' factor. It really is appalling!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thanks for the heads-up, wannabefree. That magazine is chock full of bullshit. I think it was written just for those of us who are onto their gmae. They even included a life story about a girl who stopped believing the JW baloney but went back to it and another article explaining why 607BCE is the right dating for the destruction of Jerusalem.

I hope it appears over the top to my JW brother. Maybe he'll realize they're desperately trying to gloss over their issues.

Love the TLJ expression of disgusted incredulity, shack.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

To Anony:

My husband and myself always made sure someone without a Bible got one. I never bothered to consider if anyone else did it because we always did.

I still can't believe I didn't wake up sooner. I did not fit in.

SweetBaby Cheezits the GB is spying. I'm telling you I think ConcernedJW is John Wischuk or a lackey.

The article saying no more questions to be answered leads me to think they will use ex-jw sites for Question From Readers Material. This way they will seem to be more directed by God

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Wow, they will sell this religion anyway they can. Why don't they just have Alec Baldwin's character from GlenGarry Glenn Ross come in and speak to the JWs?

"The only thing that matters in this life is to get them to commit to a Bible Study followed by Dedication to the WTBS!"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Perhaps they should start instructing publishers to not read the public editions of the literature they offer at the doors. Instead, publishers only are to read the "study" editions. Certainly, we already know that the only questions that dubs are allowed to ask, are the ones printed on the bottom of the page by Watchtower Corp. writers.

Everything gets complicated when more than one layer of lies needs to be maintained.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Or maybe there's a mole on the writing staff who gets his kicks by seeing how outrageously hypocritical he can make a statement and still get away with it..."

Sir82, I think that they're so innately arrogant and self-righteous that they can't even see their own hypocrisy...

What Bella15 said:

"I think it has to do with future legal liability issues. They may state, we ALWAYS told them "to examine the scriptures personally" if they believed everything we said without "examine the scriptures personally" it is their fault. ..."

RIGHT on, Bella!!

And they could also be strategizing to get into another country that is looking at them [correctly...] as a cult and potential national problem...

Zid

• steve2
    steve2

The Two Rules Strategy for When to Scrutinize & When to Avoid Scrutinize:

1. Do you belong to another religion? Let us help you to scrutinize your beliefs to see how they are wrong and we'll simultaneously teach you that our beliefs are true.

2. Are you now a JW? Let us help you avoid scrutinizing your beliefs because they are true.

To 'true' believers, there is no contradiction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit