When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed? Why It Matters - What the Evidence Shows

by wannabefree 224 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

That is so intellectually dishonest. That pisses me off. How can they not know what they are doing? Whatever it takes to hold on to 607.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Christopher Walker quote is not an easy one to find, so here are links for it

1st

2nd

If anyone can find a copy of the book, a scan or photo of page 18 would be nice.

It is available in some Aussie libraries.

I'm sure it was for sale in the British Museum when I was there, but it doesn't come up in searches of their shop now.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Phenomenal research! Keep up the good work and thank you!

• Is this it?
    Is this it?

Marked for later

• VM44
    VM44

What is needed now is a short summary that answers the questions raised in the Watchtower and also addresses the claims they make concerning the historical evidence.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Here are links to the pages following page 18 quoted above and other intersting resources.

ACHAEMENID CHRONOLOGY AND THE BABYLONIAN SOURCES

Christopher Walker

Pages 19-22

Pages 22-24

More refernce works from www.caeno.org

Ptolemy's Canon of Kings

"More Valuable Than All Gold": Ptolemy's Royal Canon and Babylonian Chronology

Was Ptolemy a Fraud?

Chronicles of Chaldean Kings

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What is needed now is a short summary that answers the questions raised in the Watchtower and also addresses the claims they make concerning the historical evidence.

Word. On an earlier page of this thread someone posted the picture/diagram/chart kings list from the Watchtower with the dates photoshopped into place.

A summary of the data collected here and how it connects to the article would be awesome.

• lepavoux
    lepavoux

You know the answer to all of this debate, it's in the book " THE GENTILE TIMES RECONSIDERED "! (By Carl Olof Jonsson)

Chapter 6 shows that Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the chopped-down tree regarding "The Seven Times" had only one fulfillment, to say there was a 2nd fulfillment has no scriptural authority at all.

So therefore it is not relevant if Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BC or 587 BC because "2520 years" "Seven Times" is nothing but a made up concoction.

The one and only fulfillment was to humble Nebuchadnezzar for the arrogance that he had.

If only William Miller, Nelson Barbour and Charles Russell had seen this maybe Jehovah's Witnesses would not be in the mess they are in now!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

607 BCE was just a commercialized established fraud to create self empowerment for the WTS. and to aid in the circulation of its published literature .

Plain and simple. Building up this pseudo self image was deemed important to attract the attention from the broad based general public.

Well if you the have freedom of religion you might as well use to your best advantage. Right

Still today 7 million idiots think this all true, because it was put out by the Watchtower Publishing Corporation. ( god's own publishing house )

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    You know the answer to all of this debate, it's in the book " THE GENTILE TIMES RECONSIDERED "!

Hi lepavoux. Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get a JW to read it. It is an apostate book.

The answer is in getting your JW to investigate THIS magazine and discover dishonesty in such a way that it sticks and becomes a nagging problem that must be dealt with.

Once that has worked, they might be prepared to read GTR and find out more. By the time I found out about GTR I didn't need it.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit