When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed? Why It Matters - What the Evidence Shows

by wannabefree 224 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I found pp 239 here: http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/truthfree/truthfree18.html

time measures, and he gave this divine rule for calculating the time: "I. have appointed thee each day for a year." He also was banded until the time measures were up. (Ezekiel 4:6,8) Hence each of the 2,520 days, according to prophetic calculation in Daniel's prophecy, equals one year, solar time. By the same rule the "seven times", or "times of the Gentiles", amount to 2,520 years. In Nebuchadnezzar's time the year began counting from the fall of the year, or about October 1, our time. Since he destroyed Jerusalem in the summer of 606 B.C., that year had its beginning in the fall of 607 B.C. and its ending in the fall of 606 B.C.

Inasmuch as the count of the Gentile "seven times" began its first year at the fall of 607 B.C., it is simple to calculate when they end. From the fall of 607 B.C. to the fall of B.C. 1 is exactly 606 years. From the fall of B.C. 1 to the fall of A.D. 1 is one year, do not forget. Hence from the fall of B.C. 1 to the fall of A.D. 1914 is 1,914 years. Add now 606 years and 1,914 years, and the sum total is 2,520 years, ending in the fall of A.D. 1914. By this method Jehovah, who is an accurate Timekeeper as to his purposes, symbolically foretold that the "times of the Gentiles", that is, the "seven times", would continue and extend to the fall of A.D. 1914. Before that date, therefore, the true Theocratic Government of Messiah, which was foreshadowed by the typical Theocracy at Jerusalem, could not be set up.

This is the research referenced in the re book.

MeanMrMustard

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Oh that sneaky snake Satan!

I know, isn't that true though! Whatever it is, if it is contrary to what is taught by God's Organization (The Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, Inc.), it is from the Devil!

The Watchtower, the best friend the Devil ever had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn_j9T_DD4k

• VM44
    VM44

What about the Egibi banking tablets?

The article does not mention them!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    What about the Egibi banking tablets?
    The article does not mention them!

Look again. I posted a URL for the PDF of the article they quoted from.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Against Apion Book 1, Ch 20

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

outsmartthesystem:

" Providentially, those Bible Students had not realized that there is no zero year between “B.C.” and “A.D.” Later, when research made it necessary to adjust B.C. 606 to 607 B.C.E., the zero year was also eliminated, so that the prediction held good at “A.D. 1914.”—See “The Truth Shall Make You Free,” published by Jehovah’s Witnesses in 1943, page 239." - footnote Rev ch18, p.105

"As we shall see, the Bible record extends to the first year of Cyrus, B. C. 536, a well established and generally accepted date." - Time is at Hand p.38

Some interesting research relating to 536BC by doug mason

William Hales book can be found here .

• garyneal
    garyneal
    They explain the 606/607 with the simplistic no-zero year mistake. Problem is that Russell's understanding of 536BC was not what WTS teaches 537BC to be.

Therefore, back up 606 to 607 instead of advancing 1914 to 1915.

If I recall correctly, the Revelation book states that simultaneously, the Society (1) realized there was no zero date and (2) found "further research" confirming the 607 B.C.E. date.

I see, the reason why I point that out is because I recall reading about in Crisis of Concious and Ray made a similar comment on how the Society figured out their year zero mistake and just simply backed up 606 to 607 without any evidence to back it up.

It's not the secular authorities, it is Satan. I was talking with an elder about this the other day and he put Satan as the culprit behind the 586/587 shenanigan.

Sadly, fundamentalist religions tend to point to Satan when evidence does not back up their beliefs. Satan hid the evidence somehow, yeah that's it.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

While you wait for expert rebuttal of the article, you might be interested in my first amateurish endeavour.

http://www.jwstudies.com/Commentary_on_When_Was_Ancient_Jerusalem_Destroyed.pdf

Since I obviously put it together very quickly, I will appreciate all criticisms. omissions, etc.

Doug

• doublelife
    doublelife

Marked

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I had to correct a word in my brief Commentary.

I am sure others will find more. Please let me know.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit