The new DVD "Faith in Action" part 2

by slimboyfat 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL @ sir82.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

When I was a kid I thought when they said "obscene jesting" that they said "obscene gesting" (as in I thought it meant gestures like flipping someone the bird or giving them an "up yours!"). I didn't know it meant dirty jokes until I was grown up.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Watchtower is filling a "need" with these DVD's. It's a tool and it's almost as if the DVD's sole purpose is simply to provide an argument. That's all mind control subjects need, as we all have seen, is just an argument, any argument that can be "referred to" will do nicely.

My mother uses it all the time with me and it's an obvious designed trap for ex witnesses. The second I get critical about it I will be accused of fault finding and my mother feels validated. Who should she believe the Watchtower or her apostate son?

The fact that the DVD doesn't even mention FRED FRANZ, the lead translator of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, is both troubling as well as curious. On one hand it looks like a blatant coverup, but the more I think about it the omission could be purposeful ammunition for us given by the Watchtower.

The New World Translation is considered the ONLY true Bible on earth. How could a DVD, made by the Society, about the history of the Watchtower never mention Franz's name? It is too glaring of an omission, I suspect, for even witnesses to ignore. They just need a little guidance and they will see that the DVD is not a tool for them, but a tool for us.

This is just too silly, TOO SILLY!

-Sab

• sir82
    sir82

That is highly unusual, leaving Freddy out.

Not only was he the lead (sole?) translator for the NWT, he wrote virtually all of the Society's books from the 40's thru the mid-70's. I think, IIRC, that he even ghost-wrote some of Rutherford's later books. Not to mention probably a very high proportion of the WT study articles during that time.

Not to mention being the architect of the "taking a blood transfusion is the moral equivalent of eating blood" argument.

Not to mention he was WTS president after Knorr died.

That's one heck of a diss!

Part of me wants to believe he really is in heaven as part of the 144,000, looking down on earth and screaming "You ungrateful BASTARDS!"

• Alfred
    Alfred

They don't want new JWs Googling "Franz"... they might run into Ray instead of whacky Freddy... that's why he was omitted...

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah, I think the last name Franz is bad for the watchtower (thats why they didnt mention it), since theres two famous Franz that were known watchtower men. (although one Franz was an oracale and conformist and one was an individualist).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit