Movie Critic Roger Ebert - Former JW

by RayPublisher 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

And he's not very complementary about 'em either...

http://survivaljournals.blogspot.com/2011/03/roger-ebert-former-jehovahs-witness.html

BTW I love his movie reviews they are down to earth and not snobby.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

What a great read,

• noni1974
    noni1974

It was a great read but I would like a link to the origional writting by Roger Ebert. The first lessons I learned in college is that you never trust an uncited source. The blog starts out in second person talking about Twitter posts made my Mr. Ebert then it goes into first person with no source cited for where the article comes from and where we can read it at it's original source.

Not doubting the the story so much as I would like to see an outside source besides a EX JW blog.

• unshackled
    unshackled

The writer of the blog post linked in the OP is a little confused. Roger Ebert didn't write that story. Stephen Pate wrote it and it started with his interaction with Roger Ebert on Twitter, and it was Pate that went on to share his JW story.

Here's the link to the original source:
    http://www.oyetimes.com/views/columns/6085-jehovahs-witnesses-make-money-calling-for-end-of-the-world

• mrsjones5
  • noni1974
    noni1974

See that is why I asked. Never believe an uncited source.

• minimus
    minimus

NONI, that was a NONO wasn't it?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Since the writer WAS the source, there was nothing to cite other than the Tweet from Ebert he led off with.

The blog title is a bit misleading without punctuation: Roger Ebert former Jehovah's Witness Sets Record Straight makes it seem like Ebert is the former JW who is setting the record straight, when actually all he did was Tweet something that triggered an ex-Dub's trip down memory lane.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Ummm hello the link was to his own blog where he had copied and pasted an entire article except the authors name and then he posted here with a misleading title to his thread Robert Ebert- a Former JW. It's call intelectual dishonesty.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit