Survey - Are DF'ed ones allowed to be around for the prayers at the meetings where you live?

by StandFirm 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

What a curious question (may you all have peace!).

Excluding this year (due to recovery from surgery), I have attended the Memorial without break since 1980, including since being asked to leave (DF'd) in 1997. Not only have I never been asked (or even had it intimated to me) to leave before the prayer, I think MY doing so (leaving on my own) would actually cause a problem.

I mean, I currently actually get a few sly "dark" stares when folks notice I'm not only not bowing my head... but not even praying WITH them (Seriously? I mean, "Jehovah" is not MY God, so why in the WORLD?). Instead, I simply do what they do, for instance, during the Pledge of Allegiance: stand quietly and somewhat respectfully. Not so much because I actually "respect" what THEY'RE doing/saying... but because I don't want to call [additional] unnecessary attention to myself. What would be the purpose of that? It IS their meeting, after all, so they're perfectly entitled to DO what THEY wish in THEIR meeting. I am merely a guest.

Even so, should it ever come up anywhere in the U.S. where I AM attending (most likely, California)... I would simply remind them... politely and quietly... of the "freedom of religion" clause in the U.S. (and California or other state) Constitutions... and tell them that I am NOT above filing a civil suit but really would "prefer NOT to go there."

Again, a very curious question. What's behind it, dear StandFirm (peace to you!).

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Alfred
    Alfred

AGuest... I'm guessing that Standfirm will wait for some more replies to his question before posting a summary of this thread on another site (Topix I think)... Maybe you'll find what's behind this on that web site...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ahhhhh... thank you, dear Alfred... and peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

New Chapter and Noni......You are killing me! I do love good hearted sarcasm

In answer.....of all the DF'd people I've ever seen attend meetings....ALL stay for the prayer and then high tail it outta there when the meeting is over.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was a witless, they usually arrived at the last minute. There was one that arrived some 20 minutes early--he didn't bother anyone, and they did nothing about it. Generally, they don't have rules against them singing in the Kingdumb maladies either, but I don't see how anyone would want to sing that sxxx.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

It's funny you ask that StandFirm.

What I find difficult to reconcile, is the practice mentioned in the Bible.

It says in 2 John 1:10 "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him."

What was the house? The ancient church or congregation. Would they have allowed a "DF" person into their home?

What's the difference, if the house was the church? Seems to me JW DF policy doesn't agree with the Bible's, on more than one aspect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit