MY JW DAD HAS CUT US OFF! WE ARE DEAD !

by Hairyhegoat 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Well we don't care that he has cut us off! We have 4 kids, he ain't going to see them before the grim reaper comes lookin for him He was just at the Coventry DC, and he contacted me to say he can't have nothing more to do with us, unless it's a family emergency! Well this is a family emergency as I am out of work and money is tight right now. We are having to choose between having the lights on or putting food on the table it's that bad at the moment in the UK.

My job skills are well in demand in Alberta Canada so that's our next move, we are getting out of the UK sinking ship asap, we have family in Alberta who will sponsor us so I think it's time to leave and make a new start for our kids, as their aren't no jobs in the UK for them now even with university qualifications behind them. My daughter knows loads of them and the only job they can get is in KFC or Mac Donalds.. What a waist of talent, and another thing the wages a skilled worker in the UK can ask for is below the poverty line in Alberta Canada. The skilled visa application has been done. Get us out of this dumpping ground for eu immigrants who have driven the wages down and took all the school leavers jobs.

My JW dad will not be told when we go or my ashole of a brother in Coleshill West Midlands, the only one to be told will be my DF brother in Knowle Solihull. This sad but when family who are still JW cut you off then I do the same to them! Up yours you know who you are ! See you in hell

HHG

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sounds like a good plan to me, HHG. Be sure to get back in touch with us on-board after you're settled in! [I know, you're not leaving yet! Just sayin'....]

I'm in the U.S., but I know that Canada was encouraging immigration a few years back - may have changed with the world-wide economic downturn, but I think that Canada is safer than the U.S. job-wise, and sure is better in terms of available and affordable health care!!

Zid

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Out of the United Kingdom,

but still in the Commonwealth.

Canada's the land for ya,

to regain your financial health.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Good for you! and fuck those lousy relatives who prefer the wtbts over family

• Quendi
    Quendi

This is very distressing news, Hairyhegoat, coming as it does at a time when family support is so important for you and yours. I'm glad you have a Canadian sponsor and I wish all the best for you and yours. The move to Alberta will be a great challenge, but it also sounds like it may be brimming with opportunities for you. As someone who lives in western North America, let me tell you now the climate is like nothing you have ever experienced in Britain! But I have every confidence that you will make this and all the other adjustments you will need to in order to make this work.

As for your father, I hate to hear how this cult has convinced him that cutting off his own flesh and blood somehow is what God requires. But I have to remind myself I used to think the same way. I can only hope that your father comes to his senses before it is too late. But whether he does or not, you're right to move on.

Quendi

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Yes forgot to mention I have a job offer from Telus in Alberta, so the visa may not take that long to come through, I also have another one from ATI Telecom in Vancouver The UK is going under and it's time to get out...

HHG

• ziddina
    ziddina

Alberta is beautiful!! Canadian Rockies and all that!! Rugged, rough, outdoorsy, western, cowboy country and so on!!

[Been hiking and backpacking in the Canadian Rockies around the Lake Louise area - Paradise Valley, and so on...]

Oh, forgot to mention... The winter blizzards can be hell, though - I'll bet you've learned to drive on 'black' ice, tho, so you'll probably be all right..

Just be sure to carry extra warm clothes, a snow shovel, sterno or other heating candles/fuel, and extra food in your car trunk during the winter if you're going to drive any distance...

Zid - of the Colorado Rockies variety...

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Thanks for the info ziddina, Sleeping beauty has her cousin staying from Edmonton Alberta for a few days and we have been made well aware of the -40c in the winter! by her. In the UK we would be all messed up by these temperatures but you all just carry on as normal so lets just go and get out of the UK now !

HHG

• clarity
    clarity

You will love Canada Hairy..........Vancouver has a milder climate than Alberta.

We have mountains and the beautiful Pacific ocean. Plus.. we're a pretty nice bunch of people out here!

Hope you and your family make it!

clarity

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm, okay... I'm not from Canada, but we get some pretty ferocious weather here in Colorado, too, so here are some tips...

Buy an engine-block heater, a long and water-proof extension cord, and steel-studded winter tires for your car - cars - when you get them. GET RID of those silly 'donut' spares and get a REAL tire/wheel for your spare, too!!

You might save money and WILL save wear and tear on your winter tires if you buy a spare set of wheels - which you can get second-hand - just make sure they're 'true' and not warped. Otherwise, the tire place will have to warp the tire's 'bead' every time they take your winter steel-studded radials/summer tires off of and put it back onto the wheel.

The weather here is DRY. At least in Colorado. Brace yourself for static electricity - and be CAREFUL when gassing up - 'ground' yourself before touching anything flammable or explosive. That's not a HUGE problem, but better safe than sorry... Applies to your computer too - I 'ground' myself every time I am going to turn on or touch my computer, in the winter.

Drink LOTS of water!! You might even take up drinking herbal tea, for health...

At least you won't have as many problems with windows fogging over while you're driving.

Uhm, let's see - the lightning is less fierce - er, less frequent - at higher/drier altitudes, but at those higher altitudes you might be more likely to be struck. If you're hiking and a storm comes up, HEAD FOR LOWER GROUND IMMEDIATELY.

That's all that I can think of, for now...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit