How much does it really cost to run an Assembly Hall? Real data.

by Paralipomenon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

Wow, I searched the local congregations from where I live and many of the contacts listed are for elders that I know are no longer serving. One in particular stepped aside and has been inactive for 6 or 7 years. Too funny!

• JeffT
    JeffT

There are two numbers in there that are VERY intersting to this accountant. One is $61,000 in Amortization. This is a bookkeeping entry, not a cash expenditure. That money still went somewhere.

The other even more interesting is $70K listed as owing to "non-arms length" entities. This is accounting speak for internal transfers. I'd like to know what went into that number and who it is owed to.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Clue: Why is there a deficit every single time we reach the final session? No matter how much they make during the early part of the session, they will send a check to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, and the amount of this check will always leave them with something like a $3,000 deficit during the final session. Then, unless people are willing to donate themselves into hardship, they will be left in the hole next session.

Trouble is, too many witlesses actually fall for it. I wonder what would happen if everyone donated all they intended to at the beginning of the program and not one penny more. Then, when they write that toilet paper for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, they would be trying to get an extra $3,000 plus the amount they actually need by extortion during the final session. This puts people in real hardship, often using cash needed for other things (like gas to return home). And more so lately, it means emptying one's bank account or even putting oneself in debt. Then, once they need to return to the real world, they have that much less available to quit their jobs or cut way back on hours so they can pio-sneer. Then, they wonder when the hounder-hounder shows up and field circus hours are down.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

One part that has me confused:

Property not used in charitable activities $ 385,770

Can anyone think of a use for property that doesn't fall under usage for their "charity"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit