How much does it really cost to run an Assembly Hall? Real data.

by Paralipomenon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Ah, I misread it. The charitable expendatures were a sum of the previous items. So they still netted $150k on the assemblies. Would love a breakdown of the Occupancy costs, given it doesn't include maintenance and upkeep.

I did have an item from the Canadian Bethel that showed charitable gift to the US bethel. I wonder if that is included there.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

$172,454 "Occupancy Costs"

Is that really the cost of occupancy of the hall? Or is it their created cost based on number of publishers X number of dollars pulled out of their ass that they use in their "accounts report" announcements?

• St George of England
    St George of England

For U.K. members the data can be obtained from the Charity Commission's website. The 7 assembly halls (inc the deleted one) are thus:

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/SearchMatchList.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=0&SubsidiaryNumber=0

George

• sabastious
    sabastious

$145,000 profit from one event?

-Sab

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think it is annual, Sab.

And that's only if you buy the numbers. I would LOVE to see the "occupancy costs" broken down.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

The total of all the land and buildings in Canada is only $4 mil? PALTRY - that doesn't sound right...or is that 4 BIL?

Sorry, just realized this is for the assembly hall only - ok I guess 4 million covers it...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooo, thanks for posting the chart! Now I don't have to bounce back and forth between sites!!

Also thanks for the info on those "charitable programs"....

Zid

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Wish we had that here in the states. At our assemblies (the building is owned by the circuits) they average $12,000-$14,000 per day in "operating" costs.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay, THIS looks interesting...

Total amount received from other registered charities (excluding specified gifts and enduring property) [I'm assuming that these are internal account numbers... #4510] $ 384,002

That would be the "revenue from donations" that you mentioned in your first post... So, does that term, "other registered charities" refer to individual Kingdom Halls??? Or do they count the income from each assembly as a "registered charity"??

I'm VERY curious about this item - what the HECK is a "non-arm's length" party???

"Amounts owing to non-arm's length parties [account #...] $ 71,322 ..."

Thanks for posting this info!!

Zid

• Scully
    Scully

MeetingJunkieNoMore

Each Congregation™ and each Circuit™ are unique entities in Canada for the purposes of being regarded as a charitable organization.

I had fun a few years ago looking through the list to find which ones had failed to file an income tax return, and had lost their charitable organization status as a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit