Can you think of anything that is postive about being A JW?

by jam 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

To be fair....My 80 year old father had open heart surgery recently; the witnesses have brought non-stop meals, flowers and cards. They also have kept up my parent's huge back yard by mowing, watering, weeding, trimming. They do take very good care of my parents.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

not really the best i can say they help you be a decent public speaker.

• youngbro
    youngbro

You have an excuse to buy stuff you would not normally buy.

You get to meet a lot of crazy people.

You get an excuse if you don't wana do jury duty.

You have an ever ready supply of back stabbers scratchers.

You do get to learn your way around the Bible.

• serein
    serein

yer my son is self employed and is a salesman and becouse of the door to door experiences he had growing up hes come on leaps and bounds in his company hes with and is now gona be assistent manager becouse hes so good at goin door to door and talking with people and dosnt take no for an answer at the doors lol

• Think About It
    Think About It

Magwitch......that is so rare it is commendable. Glad your aged parents have the help they need. So many aged JW's are just left to fend for themselves when they get old and not capable of taking care of normal house duties.

Think About It

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Growing up as a witness I learned that it was okay to stand up against the norm and be ridiculed for it if you were standing up for yourself and your beliefs and that something might even be gained from it. I may not believe the things I was taught to believe as a child, but that lesson has served me well in my life.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Total Christmas Shopping Expenses: ZERO

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I should add that you also GET very few Christmas gifts, so it could be a wash.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Like Magwitch, I have to admit that when my mother got up in years, she wassn't forgotten, even when she was in the nursing home, you had to sign in before you went upstairs, so I always checked the book before I went up and she did have quite a regular visitors from her Cong . . . and that's the ONLY POSITIVE THING I have to say about them !!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

If it wasn't for them I would probaby still be smoking 60 a day and I would never have had the courage to start a new life in Spain as a single Mum with 2 kids as I truely believed God would look after me. Now I realise I did all of it myself so there is only myself stopping me from any future adventures. Everything else was bad though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit