"The Disfellowshipped Are Dead To Us"

by dontplaceliterature 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It has been my exsperience that this is not the thinking of the faithful witnesses i new....I say this in defence of the faithful and dedicated witnesses that prooved better friends (with there courageouse smile in the street) than my ex friends rebel witnesses, who ignored me as dead to them after my escape.

Myo, according to WT rules, only the rebellious will befriend you. You are not talking to outsiders here, we know how it works. Are these smilers really your friends? Are they talking to you? I think shunning is evil and abusive and I'm concerned that you are defending those that hurt you. You can talk to us though. Is your story posted yet?

NC

• sizemik
    sizemik

A good comeback is to invite the comparison to the prodigal son . . . most witnesses agree with the parallel fairly readily and enthusiastically, as it is often used in the publications to highlight it as a "loving" arrangement.

Once the parallel is established and agreed upon . . . the scriptures themselves point out that the son was "lost" . . . not "dead"

A deeper discussion on the difference, soon reveals the incompatibility of the two. The more the parallel is (tactfully) explored . . . the more unscriptual the attitude appears. (throw in the "99 sheep and the one that was lost" parable). I once got a JW seriously thinking using it. Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit