"The Disfellowshipped Are Dead To Us"

by dontplaceliterature 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I left out a key detail:

His brother has been reinstated for some time. He confided in me his anger with that particular BOE, even to this day. He in-no-way-shape-or-form feels they made an appropriate decision in the case of his brother. Apparently, the BOE where his brother resided out-of-state also got involved in contacting The Branch because they felt he was qualified for reinstatement, but could not get the consent from the original JC that kicked him out. The elders who disfellowshipped his brother had their hands forced to reinstate him, or so the story goes. I don't know how much of it is true. People tend to exaggerate things that emotionally affect them, especially when they feel justified in their position.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

And bumpity bump bump bump...

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I have a JW friend who I tend to think of as more sympathetic and understanding than most BUT I'm afraid to go into deeper subjects with him for this exact reason. He, like most others, is simply under the impression that I'm inactive. If he only knew...

V665V665

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Compare it with Orwell's new-speak!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

OMG!! Regarding the angels, I heard the exact thing at the convention that I attended dontplaceliterature.

I remember the brother saying explicitly that, and I quote, "The decision was already made in heaven", regarding the disfellowshipped persons outcome.

And I too felt my blood boil. First thought after I heard that, BULL$h!+!

I tried to be calm when I brought this up to my wife. I mentioned how the elders do at times wrongly make the decision to disfellowship someone, as is brought out in the elder handbook.

Is the GB now attributing mistakes and imperfection to the angels, for a wrong decision made, supposedly, in heaven?

Evidently!

CoC

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

''This past weekend at the DC, a speaker spoke of how the angels directed the disfellowshipping arrangement.''

And when cornered thay will deny this because its not printed in the Watchtower...

what a load of bollocks

oz

• myohorengekyo
    myohorengekyo

It has been my exsperience that this is not the thinking of the faithful witnesses i new....I say this in defence of the faithful and dedicated witnesses that prooved better friends (with there courageouse smile in the street) than my ex friends rebel witnesses, who ignored me as dead to them after my escape.

nam-myo-hor-ren-ge-kyo

• moshe
    moshe
    a speaker spoke of how the angels directed the disfellowshipping arrangement.

And where pray tell, was the proof to back this up? The speaker probably didn't even offer up a scripture. The JWs are very indiscriminate consumers of what is labeled by the GB as spiritual food-

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It has been my exsperience that this is not the thinking of the faithful witnesses i new....I say this in defence of the faithful and dedicated witnesses that prooved better friends (with there courageouse smile in the street)

If they're remaining your friend after you've been DFd then they're not "faithful witnesses." Befriending a DFd person is against the rules. If it became known to the congregation they could be up for a judicial committee themselves. A faithful JW WILL SHUN YOU as dead.

If all they did is smile at you in the street, that is an act of compassion and rebellion. I'm not sure how that makes them a friend though.

Welcome to JWN! We'll be your friends (virtually speaking at least).

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"'This past weekend at the DC, a speaker spoke of how the angels directed the disfellowshipping arrangement.'' And when cornered thay will deny this because its not printed in the Watchtower... what a load of bollocks"

Exactly right, just one characteristic of the 2 tracks of JW law that exist: the written and the oral. The written of course gets changed often enough and is odious enough, but the other is oral, spoken at the SAD, the assemblies, the DC's, or spoken by the CO.

It will remain in the minds of those who hear it even more so than what is written, they hear it while in the hypnotized mode at the DC or the CO's visit; it can never be corrected, since it was never in writing. It is an idea that may remain implanted for years.

"Apparently, the BOE where his brother resided out-of-state also got involved in contacting The Branch because they felt he was qualified for reinstatement, but could not get the consent from the original JC that kicked him out. The elders who disfellowshipped his brother had their hands forced to reinstate him, or so the story goes. I don't know how much of it is true."

It has the 'ring of truth'.

Just one of the aspects of the DF'ing arrangement that is badly flawed; how do the men on the original JC know what is in the heart of the one trying for reinstatement? In my congregation, a girl of 18 (baptized at 12, where were the parents??) was trying for reinstatement. She had been df'd in a town 100 miles away, one known to be parochial, vengeful and backwards. They repeatedly denied her reinstatement, even though they never talked with her, never saw her attending meetings locally. She was trying hard, but the original JC said..... no.

She gave up, never to return.

Apparently those angels couldn't make the 100 mile trip to tell the local JC to reinstate her, being busy kicking out smokers, voters and blood takers.

I wonder if those are the same angels who gave good King David the pass?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit