"The Disfellowshipped Are Dead To Us"

by dontplaceliterature 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I had a conversation with a friend previously mentioned on this forum.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/206541/1/Dinner-With-One-of-My-Best-And-Most-Liberal-JW-Friends

We were speaking about a mutual friend who was disfellowshipped, and I mentioned that I missed them and wondered if they were okay because it wasn't like disfellowshipped people were dead to us...and he immediately responded "Oh yes they are!"

This is really out of his character to say. He usually is pretty tender. It was like he was a different person for that split second. But, it goes to show that Steve Hassen's description of the cult-personality and and real-personality changability is totally true. His face was visably tense, his tone of voice changed, etc.

The goofy part is, that this same guy wrote countless letters to The Branch about the wrongful disfellowshipment of his brother. Didn't he trust the Holy Spirit to guide the Elders?

Which brings up another issue: This past weekend at the DC, a speaker spoke of how the angels directed the disfellowshipping arrangement. He said that by the time the elders made their decision, the angels had already directed them about the persons fate. This got my blood boiling.

I'm not sure that any literature actually says that the elders can make mistakes in Judicial Decisions, but I know for sure I have heard brothers admit this from the platform on more than one occasion, falling back on the "imperfect men" excuse, and saying that we had to trust in Jehovah to take care of things in his own time.

Good grief....what is wrong with these people.....

• sabastious
    sabastious

It could have been his anger towards the Org coming out all weird because of the programming. If he sent a letter to the Society about the wrongful DF'ing of his brother he must now feel powerless to the iron fist of Brooklyn. He must feel that his brother is dead because of his admitted attempts to shout out in vain to his powerful accusers.

Anyone who would write the Society about such a matter is in denial about the possible outcome of such an action.

-Sab

• White Dove
    White Dove

Disgusting.

Jesus said to care for the wayward person who was put out of the congregation in order to turn them back to the "truth."

Sounds like there should be an 8th congregation of Revelation, the WTS.

• jdhf
    jdhf

White dove i totally agree....If Jesus were on earth today..I think he'd 'disfellowship' 90% of witnesses himself. He would hate the hipocrisy, hatred, sneering, tale telling, wrong doctrines, dictatorial attitude the WTBS bestow...I know enough about Jesus' personality from the bible to know he pretty much only spent time with wayward ones...ones who were not in any way exemplary, or full of their own importance. And I know he would heartily disapprove of the disfellowshipping arrangement. Also..I don't recall the apostles ever handing in time sheets! :P

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has said that people are df'd for offenses that were capital offenses under the law, death penalty. They reason, that there could be no contact with those people.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/195393/1/Disfellowshipping-3d-Capital-Punishment-death-under-the-Law

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You triggered his cult personality.

You could have asked a question or two to generate Cognitive Dissonance, after this, such as: "If your son or daughter were disfellowshipped, how do you think it would make you feel to treat them as being dead?"

• Think About It
    Think About It

Cult = following leaders who cause you to abandon natural family relationships for the sake of their bible interpretation. If in the same cong. most JW's would probably be treated as crap by a GB member and his wife.

Think About It

• serein
    serein

its totaly true that jesus only spent time with the ones that needed help not the ones who didnt need it,jws are deff not the true religion on earth not gods only people,gods chosen ones are exactly that his chosen ones not the elders or governing bodys chosen ones.or the self righteous ones.

• sir82
    sir82
    The goofy part is, that this same guy wrote countless letters to The Branch about the wrongful disfellowshipment of his brother.

That's the key right there.

For his own emotional health, he must know that the elders in his brother's case did the right thing. The consequences for him would be unbearable if those elders made the wrong decsion, so his subconscious tells him that all elders make the right decision 100% of the time. And then he tells it to you.

If your friend's elders goofed up, then maybe his brother's elders goofed up, and he's had all this pain and anguish for nothing.

Your mind can maybe handle suffering, but pointless suffering, suffering that could have easily been avoided, is a killer.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Please..... you all are So WRONG!!!!

It's called Christian Love!!!

Shunning is their way of saying....

I Love You!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit