WTS Controlling Tactics Similar to Phillip Garrido's on Jaycee Dugard ........

by flipper 28 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• life is to short
  • flipper
    flipper

The more I've read Jaycee Dugard's book " A Stolen Life " - the more similarities I see in my past 44 years as a Jehovah's Witness in tactics of how my lifewas stolen - even though I was not a victim of sexual child abuse. The separation anxiety caused by losing certain NON-JW friends in my youth for years and years has made me feel I want to see them very soon after reading about Jaycee re-conecting with childhood friends she lost while in captivity

• willyloman
    willyloman

Flipper:

Good point. My grown children, now all ex-dubs, certainly feel (to varying degrees) as if their their own lives were stolen.

[p.s. Of course, this is no way meant to equate their lives with Jaycee's ordeal.]

• flipper
    flipper

WILLYLOMAN- I hear what you are saying about your adult childrens feelings of a " stolen life ". My 26 yr.old son felt that way as well so I apologized to him about raising him in the JW mind control cult- he understood and forgave me saying that " you only did what you were raised to do Dad , you didn't know any better. " Really love that son of mine- he has a lot of love and insight. Now if I can only extract my 2 adult daughters from the cult- I'll feel I've accomplished a lot more in time ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I just got the book a Stolen Life, Jacee Dugard..can't wait to read it.

Snoozy

• flipper
    flipper

SNOOZY- This book will really keep you riveted. It infuriated me at how Jaycee was abused, yet I was so impressed with how she survived 19 years in captivity. My wife & I read it together. I think you'll like it. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I just finished the book flipper. She made a reference to the walls he built in her mind. That struck home.

• flipper
    flipper

MICKY MOUSE- Exactly, good point you make. The walls that Phillip Garrido built inside Jaycee Dugard's mind were similar to the walls that the WT society builds in all of Jehovah's Witnesses minds. And those are very dangerous walls

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit