HELP! Good Friend just told she is being disfellowshipped!!

by jdhf 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

This may help:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/disfellowship-shunning.php

Sounds like her dad is afraid of losing his position. Why would the father even call the other elders for assistance, thats like calling the police to come help with a family argument - someone is going to jail...

• sinis
    sinis

However, after rereading your post it appears that the woman lives with her parents under the same roof. I can see this being part of the issue, as per the link above. I would have your friend print out the link above, sit down with her parents and really have a heart to heart talk. I would have her ask her parents if this is really what they want - no more communication or contact with their child and grandchild. Bring up would god really want this? Show the counter arguments in the article link, and get the family reaction. The WTS does seem hell bent on putting pressure against "divided" households.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The burden of scriptural proof is on the elders. The account in Corinthians was a public scandal where everyone knew the details. EVERYONE! She is hardly a public scandal and her case wasn't held in the city gate, as would be done in ancient Israel. Matters were to be left to the congregation and individuals NOT to some judicial committee. Is there any scriptural foundation for grandparents disfellowshipping young grandchildren? Good luck finding that!

Jesus set a standard of forgiveness and non-judgment. Watchtower embraces a culture of self-righteousness and hate. They aren't going to change. Certainly not for a single mom that needs the help of JW parents. Beat the sheep until moral improves. I hope that her parents wake up and smell the cult.

I'd suggest buying her a cake, throwing her a party, suggest a good username, and sign her up here.

• jdhf
    jdhf

Yes billy I was thinking that. At least you guys could encourage her! Sinis....they let her live in the house although they rent another. I'll look up the link for her. Her parents are staying put in the religion but obviously are not happy that they've been forbidden to see the child, as they adore him! The WTS is such an evil cult. I just wish it would become known worldwide how divisive they are. Thanks guys for your help! x

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Whether this is a business arrangment or not, they aren't supposed to shun the child. I've never seen such a thing even in their evil literature. Her father the elder should know better.

OH and deny deny deny!

NC

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

yes. Be the best friend you can be for her. She's gonna need it.

"You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics."
    - Charles Bukowski

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay...

If it weren't for the financial hardship that this situation could wreak upon the young mother and her child, I would say that it is the best thing that could happen to her.

If the grandparents are forbidden to see the grandchild, then THEY CAN'T INFLUENCE HIM TO BECOME A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS.

It is unfortunate that this causes financial strain. On the other hand, is there a good-hearted Christian church in the area - Baptists, Lutherans, Anglicans, so on - who might be able to help?

T'would be a black eye to the Jehovah's Witnesses if ANOTHER church showed TRUE Christian charity and helped the young lady and her son...

Zid

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is nothing to say the grandparents cannot keep in touch with the grandchild. My CO parents have always been keen to get their hands on the grandchildren. How else do they get to indoctrinate them. I imagine the elders recommendation is on the hope that if it makes life difficult for the daughter she will come begging back for forgiveness. It is a shame the grandchild is being used as a pawn.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I don't understand....I NEVER understand......why did she agree to meet with them?????

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Dad should grow a pair and call the Elders out.

Meanwhile, don't forget that from now on, he is going to be telling his grandson that Jehovah is going to kill Mummy, soon.

The whole family needs lessons in critical thinking. Start with the kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit