HELP! Good Friend just told she is being disfellowshipped!!

by jdhf 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• clarity
    clarity

...but her little boy let slip that his mum is dating someone..not a witness..so her dad called in the heavies.

Jdhf hi,

This is happening just because she see's someone??

Does the word see, = sex???

I don't think so!

What do they use to back up their ideas .... Paul's words "to marry only in the lord?"

He wasn't married, had no children and apparently did not like women! Kinda makes you wonder just what exactly was his thorn in the flesh??

So his (?) words are supposed to carry weight with christians. Let's just read his words again. cor 7:39 "she is free to be married (or date) whom she wants..... only in thelord"!!! NWT

Does it say only jehovah's witness??

No it does not.

I rest my case, witnesses don't have a leg to stand on Sorry about the little kid

clarity

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

There is no rule anywhere ever that would stop them from seeing the grandson as much as they wanted.

Both of my sisters have been disfellowshipped once or twice and even as an elder I was encouraged to see my neice and nephews as much as possible. (As was/is my mother and stepdad) It is against their OWN teachings that a child should be shunned because their parents.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Its pretty plain that its the old blackmail thing.

If they babysit, then withholding that could make life difficult for your friend.

However, I imagine that after some time, the grandparents would come round and start being available for their grandchild.

I sure know that NOBODY would tell me I couldnt see my grandchildren anymore.

Who knows, it could be the start of the road to freedom for everyone in the family.

PS: the only problem eventually is that they might well try preaching to their grandson........

• jdhf
    jdhf

Thanks all for your kind words...I know she is gutted and so angry at this. I did suggest to her that she should avoid meeting them at all cost..but she said she wanted to get it over with ...and i don't think she was envisioning this outcome! Her mum wanted her to meet with them to to get it done with. Her mum is so upset about all this too and I know they are angry also at this decision. I know her grandparents not having contact with the little boy does prevent them from indoctrinating him...but he adores them and she is happy for them to spend time with him. I understand why the evil elders did this...they never visited me...I threatened them with legal action if anyone caused trouble for me. They let me fade as a result. Why do they love to attack elder's kids? I wouldn't mind but one of the elders who visited her ...his own kids get drunk, and one of his kids was sending naked photos of himself to girls. Nice hypocrisy, eh? I hate double standards. I wonder if anything on this is mentioned in the elder's manual? I'd love a copy of it to be honest. Anyway...thanks all! :)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How about this suggestion:

Mom, Dad, daughter, and grandson do whatever they want.

There is NOTHING that says grandparents must avoid their grandchildren who were never baptized or even their OWN children who ARE disfellowshipped for necessary family business. Babysitting the kid while the DFd daughter is at work is "necessary family business" by any reasonable standard. If your friend can't get her parents to stand up to the elders on this, they're too deep in and she's fighting a losing battle. If her family can stand firm together, they can do what they want.

It is nice that she has a friend like you who knows the Borg isn't God's Organization and can encourage her about the positive things in life on the outside.

Good luck.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

jdhf, you have a PM.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

jean-luc - did she get what she wants from you? I don't want to be redundant....

If your parents are still "in". They could write to the CO. I've seen CO's come in and tell elders "get in line". They don't want lawsuits or other problems from rogue elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit