Feeling a bit alienated

by factfinder 37 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

@talesin- I just want to clarify something in my post. I mention going to the mall to see a sister I know there who gives me the literature and her km when she is done with it- I now realize it might look like I meant the "hall' ! I know a sister who works at the local mall at a Burger King- so I meant going to see her- I did not want anyone to think I meant going to the Hall to get lit and the km! LOL!

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

You make some good points but we are warned in the Bible that these sort of mistakes can happen and we see examples of them in the bible itself in thessalonians they also anticipated Jesus's return but they were cautioned not condemned. The Bible gives no scriptures that say we would have perfect understanding it shows the opposite. That we will need refining right up until the end (see Dan 11:35 and Daniel 12:10) That we will constantly need to refer back to the bible for "setting us straight" 2 tim 3:16 when these things happen.

The mark of God's people isn't that we get things wrong but that we are refinable despite this and so Jehovah allows us to see his truths. You show me one other Religion with the sort of truth Jehovah's Witnesses have had revealed to them by Jehovah? They don't even use God's name never mind recognise him.

It is you that have the unrealistic expectation that they won't need to be refined. Yes once we celebrated Christmas and used a cross like the majority of Christendom still do but once we realised the bible condemned these we stopped them. That is the act of biblical refining in action. Indeed a good example for you to bring up.

Jesus said "this Generation will by no means pass away" as prophecy for us to read and use so even if we get wrong 100 times that is not the issue. We are meant to use Bible prophecy even if we make mistakes with it and need refining on them. Prophecy fullfilment is only seen clearly after it has been fulfilled even the jews needed Jesus to explain what prophecies he fulfilled.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Concerned JW... One question... Can you name one "mistake" or one "false teaching" that any of the writers of the Bible put on paper? No, you cannot.

Don't try to compare the WTBTS with people who made errors in the Bible... you need to compare apples with apples... but your comparing apples with poison ivy...

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Concerned JW- Truth is never a lie. If I tell you one hundred lies, changing it every time, but never tell you the truth, is that me just making mistakes? There are no excuses for the wts. They claim to be God's Channel of Communication. They claim they are directed by God's spirit. They claim God's spirit provides them with the true understanding of God's Word. Then how come they don't get it right?

I don't think you got my point about the witnesses celebrating the holidays in 1918/19. If in God's eyes, that is totally unacceptable- why did God choose them as the f&ds back then? Why not wait until they were not celebrating pagan holidays? If God could overlook it back then, how can the wts decades later say we will be disfellowshipped if we celebrate the holidays and be destroyed by God at Armageddon if we do? Why would the WT leaders be chosen and blessed by God with such a high and honored position as the f&ds if they were celebrating the pagan holidays?

Being wrong all the time and forever having to change your teachings and scriptural interpretations and yet never being right is proof you do NOT have God's spirit and backing. The GB demands jws to accept EVERYTHING they publish in the w as the TRUTH from Jehovah's mouth. You are labled as "spiritually weak", or "an apostate", or a "devil worshipper", or as my jw brother called me "Satan's Mouthpiece" if you have doubts, question something the gb says or realize something the gb says is wrong. Yet, the gb is never right! They have to keep changing their teachings over and over and always will. This would not be necessary if God gave them the truth in the first place.

Anybody can use the Generation teaching or any other prophecy and change it claiming God gave them new light to refine it. If the understanding is correct it would not be changed! So the wts keeps getting it wrong yet keeps claiming its the truth from Jehovah and keeps condemning people who know it is wrong and yet later are proven right by the wt abandoning that interpretation.

@Alfred- very good point! The gb are not the apostles or Bible writers! You will not get an answer to your question from Concerned Witness.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Like I said I prefer shepherds that do their job ....."

Doing their job like DFing someone, ruining their life, for believing something different than what the WTS was teaching at the time when just a few years latter the WTS changes and joins the opinion of the DFed person.

And then never apologizing to the DFed one.

Yeah, that's doing their job well???!!!!

Peace

• factfinder
    factfinder

@bob1999- you bring out a good point. They disfellowship people for not accepting their "current truth' and then later abandon that truth in favor of a different one, yet never apologize to the disfellowshipped one who was right all along!

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

FF, as you read through people's stories here, you will find a wide variety of backgrounds. There is even a number of us that were never JW's. I came here as a result of a close relative joinings the JW's. What I found here sent chills down my spine as I compared it to my trip through the cult of Amway a decade earlier. This site has actually been important in my healing from those experiences. Each of us is unique with our own unique, yet common, experiences.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Hi Mad Dawg! Thank you. What was there about Amway that you found similar to jws?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit