Angry mob of Facebook JWs.

by fade_away 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• fade_away
    fade_away

I was looking through my facebook and one of the friends I have on there is VERY angry at a particular girl who added brothers and sisters from different congregations as friends for the sole purpose of bashing the JWs on their profiles. They use the word "bashing" but who knows really if all she was doing was showing them genuine, unbiased information about the WT. Anyway, I got a kick out of the fact that an "apostate" infiltrated a lot of JW profiles as a "friend" then went all apostate on them!

I'll leave out the names, but basically the angry Witness was saying "Be careful, there is a demonized, crazy girl talking bad about Jehovah's Witnesses! Her name is ------ Don't add her! She is speaking barbaric lies so don't even read what she writes."

(These are the responses)

person #1: "She added pure brothers!"

person #2: "Check out her wall"

person #1: "You're right!"

person #2: "She wants to add us to attack us!"

person #3: "I took her off my friend's list. She needs help."

person #4: "Someone probably did her wrong. Hahaha poor girl. It's terrible how Satan uses people against God's Kingdom."

person #1: "Help? she needs something else!"

person #3: "Poor girl is furious."

person #1: "She is ruining reputations!"

person #4: "Don't worry, God will shut her big mouth. We don't have to fear man remember? They can't do anything to us."

person #2: "You're right, poor girl, I feel sorry for her."

person #4 "Only God will eliminate Apostacy. Until then keep serving Him. Take care."

person #1 "Surely we are nearing closer to the end."

Well, that's about it, but it is pretty fun to see how they react in a situation like this. Lots of anger and hatred towards the "apostate" hoping for the day God "shuts her big mouth". I also love how they took this as a sign of persecution and the imminent end.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    person #4: "Don't worry, God will shut her big mouth. We don't have to fear man remember? They can't do anything to us."

from jwfacts.com
    Malawi

The following Watchtower articles discuss the torture that occurred in Malawi.

“At Lilongwe in central Malawi, 170 homes of these Christians were burned down in three nights. In the Fort Johnston district, slightly to the south, 34 homes and 18 food storage places were burned down toward the end of October. At Mbalame on October 27 the Christians of two congregations all had their homes burned down while they, including the women, were stripped of their clothes and brutally beaten … Since this is the way the witnesses of Jehovah conduct themselves, why, then, all this violent persecution of them in Malawi? One of the main reasons is that the Witnesses refuse to buy membership cards in Malawi’s Congress Party as well as refuse to buy and wear badges with the picture of the President of Malawi, Dr. H. Kamuzu Banda. Other religious organizations, Catholic, Protestant and Moslem, have all yielded to pressure in these respects, but Jehovah’s witnesses have not. Why? Because of their strictly adhering to the Word of God.” Watchtower 1968 Feb 1 p.71

“It is because Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse to buy the Malawi Congress Party card. This card declares the holder to be a member of the ruling political party of Malawi. But for Jehovah’s Witnesses to buy a political card and thus join a political party would be an open denial of what they believe and stand for.” Awake 1976 Aug 8 p.5

“For some of our dear sisters, the persecution was especially harrowing. Many were the reports of rape, mutilation, and beating of Christian women. The sadistic attackers spared nobody. The elderly, the young, and even some pregnant sisters were put through such cruel ordeals. Some suffered miscarriages as a result. Once again, thousands were forced to flee their villages. Many found refuge in the bush. Others went into temporary exile in neighboring Mozambique. By the end of November 1967, the brutal wave of attacks on Jehovah’s Witnesses had claimed at least five more lives. … The vicious attacks claimed many lives. In Cape Maclear, at the southern end of Lake Malawi, bundles of grass were tied around Zelphat Mbaiko. Petrol was poured on the grass and set alight. He was literally burned to death! Sisters also suffered terribly. Following their refusal to buy party cards, many were repeatedly raped by party officials. In Lilongwe, Sister Magola, along with many others, tried to flee the trouble. However, she was pregnant and could not run very fast. A mob, acting like a pack of wild dogs, caught up with her and beat her to death. At the campus of Bunda College of Agriculture, just outside of Lilongwe, six brothers and one sister were murdered and their bodies were horribly mutilated.” Yearbook 1999 pp.182,189

-Sab

• Scully
    Scully

Those comments were really disturbing.

If only they could see themselves the way everyone else does (i.e., batshit crazy).

• undercover
    undercover
    ...a particular girl who added brothers and sisters from different congregations as friends for the sole purpose of bashing the JWs on their profiles.
    They use the word "bashing" but who knows really if all she was doing was showing them genuine, unbiased information about the WT.

Well, to be fair...if this girl added all these active JWs just to "preach" to them or "bash" their beliefs, I don't blame em for being upset. I don't agree with some of their attitudes, like "God will shut her big mouth", but there's no real reason to add JWs as 'friends' only to criticize and belittle their beliefs.

It's shit like that, that reinforces their opinion of "apostates" and those that leave.

• fade_away
    fade_away

You're right undercover. I wouldn't know cause I didn't see what this apostate wrote, I only saw their reactions. Maybe she did bash, maybe she was simply stating some facts about the Watchtower history (kinda like Ray Franz). But I don't know the apostate's side of the story.

Facebook needs someone to do something similar to what this girl did but in a humble way that doesn't add fuel to the firey hatred that's already burning in them. Something that instead, makes them think. A little seed in them. Whoever this girl is, she didn't have much success in doing that.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

When I used to have active JW's on my facebook I once was out partying and I updated my facebook with, "Let's party like it's 1914!". And the there was this younger JW that commented and liked my status, "That must be an old song!!!". I don't think anybody else got it either. lol

• Ding
    Ding

person #4: "...We don't have to fear man remember? They can't do anything to us."

Except for the GB, the Service Department, the District Overseer, the Circuit Overseer, the elders, and any zealous or fearful dub who is ready to turn you in for any hint of a thought or action not approved by the foregoing...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"Surely we are nearing closer to the end."

Hmmm, puke-tastic

• fade_away
    fade_away

It's just too saddening to think that these JWs include someone trolling on their FB page as a "sign of the times".

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Watchtower Shaming language, Code Red: The unwarranted anger fallacy.

The JW(s) in question claim that the XJW's anger is unwarranted and the JW shuts down any further reasoning with the XJW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit