• VM44
    VM44

I lived in San Diego during the 1960's and 1970's,
    and NO ONE ever mentioned Beth Sarim, even though
    in is right there in town!

The closest anyone ever came to mentioning Beth Sarim
    was when an annointed sister told my mom that a house
    was built for the resurrected men of the Bible, and that
    beds with their names on them had been prepared.

She didn't mention where the house was though.

I still think some sort of tax law was violated.
    A house built by a religous organzation that essentially
    benifits one man, in this case Rutherford! I am
    sure that neither Rutherford nor the Watchtower
    paid any taxes on Beth Sarim.

How did they get away with it?

-VM44

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ana,

Nope. That's how I can get details wrong! Although I'm still digesting larc's latest tome.

As a side-issue, I find that I need to try hard to retain points in the memory for use in conversing with die-hard dubs. It's no use referring to my books in the middle of a conversation! Kinda like "Gotta check it up in the Reasoning book", eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• larc
    larc

vm44,

Do remember the annointed sisters name? She might have been my mother's aunt.

• VM44
    VM44

hi larc,

All I remember is the annointed sister's first name, "Natalie"

--VM44

• ladonna
    ladonna

Ozz,

Do you find that you have to study all over again, and just as hard, to speak to the dubs about the truth not being the "troof"?

I have only just seen that it is a study unto itself.

Sorry Larc, I know this is not about "Beth Sarim", but I know "nutter" goes back to where he's posted!

Ana

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• larc
    larc

ladonna,

I don't know if you saw this before, but when you used the word "nutter", I had to tell you that the three District Assemblies held this summer were at the Nutter Center on the Campus of Wright State University, here in Dayton, Ohio.

I think the headlines in the newspaper should have been, "The Nutters Meet At The Nutter Center."

• ladonna
    ladonna

ROTFL, Larc,

That is too funny, and yes, it should have been called "The nutters meet at the nutters centre". How fitting!
    With Oz, he's a little sad that he didn't win 2001 "nutter" of the forum, but he's first in line for 2002.

Thanks for the laugh, and from an actual event!!!!

Ana

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

I never knew anything about Beth Sarim until a few years ago, but the discovery was one of the things that convinced me the WTS was NOT the truth.

According to Rutherfords talk and later publication "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" the faithful worthies were supposed to be resurected in 1925. Obviously it didn't happen. However, just in case, he organised the building of Beth Sarim in 1929, and had the deeds made out to those self same "Worthies".

That in itself struck me as odd, building a house for them in 1929, 4 years after they should have arrived! Also the notion that these men of old who died in the Middle East should be resurected to live in a big house in San Diego, California. None of this adds up until you consider that this house was built in the middle of the depression. Plus the fact the only person to live in it and die in it was Rutherford. So it then becomes clear that this was nothing more than a scam for the Judge to have a mansion to live in free of charge, where he could spend the winters,with his 2 Caddies parked in the drive.

http://www.geocities.com/ivor_hope/bethsarim/bethsarim.html

• detective
    detective

I recall seeing a scan of Beth Sarim's deed a few months back. I forget where that was. Does anyone know where a scan of the deed is online nowadays? I also saw the newspaper article of the man claiming to be one of the prophets of old coming to claim his property (after all, his name was one the deed)!

• TR
    TR

larc,

I knew nothing about Beth-Sarim as a JW.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit