Beth Sarim

by larc 21 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

How many of you knew about Beth Sarim when you were a Jehovah's Witness? Our most frequent poster, Waiting, did not know about it until she left the religion. I happen to know about it because my aunt Berta lived there after Rutherford's death. Just curious.

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

I remember reading something about it in the Proclaimers book when I was a Witness. All that was mentioned was that Rutherford was sick and the home was built for him so he could recouperate. Of course nothing was mentioned that he was a drunk and that it was built to get him out of Brooklyn.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey larc,Like you I`m a dub kid.I remember the story,but I can`t remember from where...OUTLAW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I had no idea whatsoever but since I diligently read the new publications, I noticed it in the Proclaimers book. Of course, only the sanitized version of events.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• larc
    larc

Ok,

Let me ask a couple of questions:

1. When was it built?

2. What was the teaching that caused it to be built?

The same questions apply to another mansion that was built Beth Shan.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Larc,

I knew nothing of it until recently I'm ashamed to say. I made a post and Fark and others replied.

I cannot recall the date of it being built....."I could cheat and looks in my docs", but it was built for the purposes of giving a home to the resurrected chosen ones

Ana

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Built expressly for the purpose of housing the resurrected patriarchs Abraham, Moses, Noah etc who were believed (this is what the WTS taught) that the resureection would take place in 1925. "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" was the well-known precursor to that teaching.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

I wonder whatever happened to those "millions now living will never die"

Oh yes that's right, they died. Isn't that right Freddy?

The Witchtower was wrong again.

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

• larc
    larc

ozzie,

Minor correction. Up until 1925, they taught that the "ancient worthies", the faithful men mentioned in Hebrews chapter eleven would be resurrected to set up God's world government in Jerusalem. When 1925 fell through, they caste about for another interpretation. By 1929, they still believed that these ancient, faithful men of old would come back, so Rutherford decided to build a mansion for them in San Diego. The faithful Witnesses believed that for about 20 years.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Ozzie,
    Did you go and cheat......????

Ana

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit